Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Focus RS Mk2 MR375 Clubsport
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Very nice mate, it’ll look amazing!
Which old discs do you mean, the original standard ones or the ones I took off as they had the ‘wrong’ fixings (🙄)? Original ones got binned but I’ve kept the the recently removed two piece/bobbin discs as they were practically brand new. I’d happily sell them on if they were of use but they’re c grooves, not j hook.
I didn’t fit the discs so can’t comment on installation, but they’re standard size so I can’t imagine the dust shield was modified? Sorry I can’t give more info.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I see, yeah it's annoying as what I've spent on discs I could've gone for the bigger kit. Ah well, maybe in the future but I've spent enough on rear discs for a while now!

Thanks ever so much for the kind words :) Drop us a line when you you get your big rear Reyland kit fitted, I'd be very interested to see it (y)

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,777 Posts
I’m going for the same rear set up as you but with j hook discs to match my ap’s on the front. What did you do with the old discs you had ? Also how did you modify the dust shield for when you move the caliper ?

cheers.
I have the same Reyland rear discs and the back plate can stay on, but needs trimming as the caliper moves upwards considerably.

Edit: sorry I don’t, I have the 330 bigger kit.

·
Registered
939 Posts
@K30FUS

yeah it’s the bigger 330 I’m going for any pics of your modded shield, just an air saw or small grinder work ?

plus this kit is going behind 18” comps so should fill the wheel nicely the ap’s are literally *** paper gap on the front 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,777 Posts
I haven’t got any pics, a garage fitted them for me so I didn’t do the cutting, but I know they used a grinder. I think when you offer up the bracket the bit to cut out is obvious.

Beware, it looks like you can fit the brackets so the callipers sit lower, but the cables will not fit then.

@coswurv

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
@G.Fraser I've got the refurbished rear calipers and carriers back from SSL and they look great. I also have mountune pads to match the fronts.

I note Reyland do a standard disk with matching Alcon J Hooks (?) and wondered what your standard size bolted (to match the front) disks offer above these. I like the idea of the matching pattern but at quite a few extra £££ am unsure.

Original mountune rear kit had standard size disks and yellow calipers from what I have read.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
@PaulG this is the link I believe goes to the original Mountune rear set to compliment the Alcons ? Are Focusrsparts another site for Mountune ?
Product Automotive tire Toy Automotive design Automotive lighting

Product Automotive tire Toy Automotive design Automotive lighting

Partnering the recently released Alcon front brake kit is a complimentary colour-coded uprated rear brake kit for the Focus RS.

The kit features grooved replacement discs, Goodridge braided brake lines, Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and a set of new Ford colour-matched calipers available in black, red or a yellow finish.

Improved braking performance, improved aesthetics.

·
Registered
521 Posts
@PaulG this is the link I believe goes to the original Mountune rear set to compliment the Alcons ? Are Focusrsparts another site for Mountune ?
View attachment 855127
View attachment 855127
Partnering the recently released Alcon front brake kit is a complimentary colour-coded uprated rear brake kit for the Focus RS.

The kit features grooved replacement discs, Goodridge braided brake lines, Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and a set of new Ford colour-matched calipers available in black, red or a yellow finish.

Improved braking performance, improved aesthetics.
Blimey. Never realised it was just a disc and pad upgrade!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Since the mechanical work I had carried out the other month (clutch etc) I've moved on to sorting some more of the cosmetic stuff to get the car closer to how I've wanted it. To this end I went to visit a company called Pinnacle Detailing in Witney to get a quote for machine polishing the car and ceramic coating, as I have used them before on my Mk4 ST and they have already ceramic coated the wheels, suspension and brakes on the RS and they do a great job. I had already been giving a good deal of thought as to whether I should paint the front end, as the front was looking a bit tired, but I had kind of decided to leave it for now and save up a bit as something to do in the future. However, as it happens, the detailers had experience of a body shop that is very close to them and they share a bit of trade. Seeing the cars that go through Pinnacle's doors and my past experience of them I thought it worth getting a quote. Having met the owner of the body shop (Mark Rainer, Cotswold Accident Repairs) and chatted at length about the car and the work they do, in the end I figured it was worth just getting done now before the ceramic coating and got booked in. So that was that, all booked! While I waited for my booking I also bit the bullet and bought new upper and lower front grilles and headlight trims to get the front looking spot on. These parts are outrageously priced, but in for a penny and all that... 😬

So, the bodyshop had the car for a week as there were various other bits and bobs I got them to look at and Mark was keen not to rush the paintwork, I think he understood how picky I am 🙈 The detailers then had the car for a week after and were super helpful in collecting the car from the bodyshop for me as I am an hour away from them. The car received a two stage machine polish and Gtechniq ceramic coating, the interior was cleaned and protected with steam cleaned carpets and seats to full eliminate the previous owners' farts and bogeys :LOL: I also went for an engine bay detail too, it was a bit mucky and hopefully now I have a good base to maintain rather than trying to really detail it in-between family commitments on weekends.

I had high hopes for Pinnacle's work from past experience and from following their work on social media, but to say I was (am!) blown away by the results would be a huge understatement! The result is way over and above what I had hoped for and I am absolutely thrilled with it! The car is now a real testament to car and pride that Cotswold Accident Repair and Pinnacle Detailing take over their work and I cannot recommend their services enough!

Here are a few photos from when I collected the car from Pinnacle Detailing's studio on Saturday just gone:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Car Vehicle Blue Hood Motor vehicle

I also asked them to polish and ceramic coat the exhaust (tips and back box) but I forgot to take any photos :rolleyes: You'll have to take my word for it when I say it looks like a mirror :cool:

Collection was just in time for my first club show yesterday with the Oxford RSOC group, the group's home regional show at Cotswold Wildlife Park. It was a great day and it is well worth a trip as you get discounted entry to the wildlife park which is really great! There were also many, many stunning RS cars on display of various vintages. I decided I may as well enter the Show and Shine fund raiser as I figured the car will unlikely look as god as it does again, even with my best future efforts! Over 50 cars entered and I was totally chuffed to bits to get 3rd place! Ive never entered a Show and Shine before but I certainly will in future. All in all, it was a superb day out and I'm still buzzing and over the moon with the car 😁

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

With my helper 😊

Clothing Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Car

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Thank you and I wouldn't mind knowing lol, I was too busy celebrating with my son I didn't hear! :LOL: As I say, there were some amazing cars including minter 3 door Sierra Cosworths and such like. I wasn't expecting anything so I'll happily take 3rd(y)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
One year ago today I bought the RS! Super chuffed with what I’ve done with it over the last year, from the little things like new wing mirror indicator lenses and RS badges to the big things like the ceramic coating and the Mountune upgrades! Totally love this car! 😍

A photo from collection day on the drive home:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

…and one from the RS show the other week because it’s the most recent good photo I’ve got:

I marked the anniversary by taking her headlights out as I’m dropping them at the detailers for a wet sand and polish in the week 😆 To be honest I only just realised the significance of the date 🙄

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Mini update: Had a great summer with the car and I was very lucky to be asked to show it on the Mountune stand at Ford Fair and Ford Power Live! I’ve included some photos below from the latter as they’re the best ones 😋

Since the detailing work I’ve not done too much too it, although service and MOT is up in a few weeks and I’ll be getting a few other bits and bobs done at the same time, including the reversing light switch which is playing up every now and then and some cosmetic improvements. However, thanks to @PaulG giving me a heads up on a cheeky little interior mod, I ordered up some genuine Ford caps to go over the hinges of the rear bench. I was initially a little sceptical if they’d be any good, but they really do smarten up the cabin! Cheers @PaulG!

Rectangle Font Electronic device Electric blue Number

Sleeve Grey Collar Auto part Electric blue

Outerwear Sleeve Grey T-shirt Font

Some snazzy photos from Ford Power Live:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Attachments

61 - 80 of 102 Posts