Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
Focus RS Mk2 MR375 Clubsport
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Very nice mate, it’ll look amazing!
Which old discs do you mean, the original standard ones or the ones I took off as they had the ‘wrong’ fixings (🙄)? Original ones got binned but I’ve kept the the recently removed two piece/bobbin discs as they were practically brand new. I’d happily sell them on if they were of use but they’re c grooves, not j hook.
I didn’t fit the discs so can’t comment on installation, but they’re standard size so I can’t imagine the dust shield was modified? Sorry I can’t give more info.

·
Premium Member
Focus RS Mk2 MR375 Clubsport
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I see, yeah it's annoying as what I've spent on discs I could've gone for the bigger kit. Ah well, maybe in the future but I've spent enough on rear discs for a while now!

Thanks ever so much for the kind words :) Drop us a line when you you get your big rear Reyland kit fitted, I'd be very interested to see it (y)

·
Premium Member
Mk2 RS 400
2,185 Posts
I’m going for the same rear set up as you but with j hook discs to match my ap’s on the front. What did you do with the old discs you had ? Also how did you modify the dust shield for when you move the caliper ?

cheers.
I have the same Reyland rear discs and the back plate can stay on, but needs trimming as the caliper moves upwards considerably.

Edit: sorry I don’t, I have the 330 bigger kit.

·
Registered
885 Posts
@K30FUS

yeah it’s the bigger 330 I’m going for any pics of your modded shield, just an air saw or small grinder work ?

plus this kit is going behind 18” comps so should fill the wheel nicely the ap’s are literally *** paper gap on the front 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
Mk2 RS 400
2,185 Posts
I haven’t got any pics, a garage fitted them for me so I didn’t do the cutting, but I know they used a grinder. I think when you offer up the bracket the bit to cut out is obvious.

Beware, it looks like you can fit the brackets so the callipers sit lower, but the cables will not fit then.

@coswurv

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
@G.Fraser I've got the refurbished rear calipers and carriers back from SSL and they look great. I also have mountune pads to match the fronts.

I note Reyland do a standard disk with matching Alcon J Hooks (?) and wondered what your standard size bolted (to match the front) disks offer above these. I like the idea of the matching pattern but at quite a few extra £££ am unsure.

Original mountune rear kit had standard size disks and yellow calipers from what I have read.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
@PaulG this is the link I believe goes to the original Mountune rear set to compliment the Alcons ? Are Focusrsparts another site for Mountune ?
Product Automotive tire Toy Automotive design Automotive lighting

Product Automotive tire Toy Automotive design Automotive lighting

Partnering the recently released Alcon front brake kit is a complimentary colour-coded uprated rear brake kit for the Focus RS.

The kit features grooved replacement discs, Goodridge braided brake lines, Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and a set of new Ford colour-matched calipers available in black, red or a yellow finish.

Improved braking performance, improved aesthetics.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 RS FPM375
422 Posts
@PaulG this is the link I believe goes to the original Mountune rear set to compliment the Alcons ? Are Focusrsparts another site for Mountune ?
View attachment 855127
View attachment 855127
Partnering the recently released Alcon front brake kit is a complimentary colour-coded uprated rear brake kit for the Focus RS.

The kit features grooved replacement discs, Goodridge braided brake lines, Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and a set of new Ford colour-matched calipers available in black, red or a yellow finish.

Improved braking performance, improved aesthetics.
Blimey. Never realised it was just a disc and pad upgrade!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts