Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I remember the instagram post of your car and was thinking where the hell has he sourced half of that stuff from :ROFLMAO: - Not long after it was me that bought the MR375 bits that came up for sale on here and I was down at FJRS soon after. No chance of affording clubsport stuff though - It must have felt utterly transformed after that lot was fitted

·
Premium Member
Focus RS Mk2 MR375 Clubsport
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@Radbourne78 Congrats on picking up the MR375 parts, what a find!! As I say, I am super lucky with the Clubsport stuff as I'd obviously sold RS number 1 and then embarked on a mission to collect the parts, the sale of the car meant I had the cash at the right time for the Clubsport pre-orders. The other bits was just a matter of setting up numerous email notifications and just hoping they came back in stock, which wasn't clear whether any of them would! I remember I got an email one morning for the plenum, I ordered straight away and they were gone by lunch time! I think they may have come back and disappeared since as well, but not sure. Some parts I had kept back from my old Mk2 ST MR310, but these were the accessories really, ie gear gaiter, gear knob and mats, still glad I kept them though!

With regard to the black Mountune tips, I'm sorry to say I sold them when I bought all the MR375 stuff, sorry mate :(

On a separate note, I have thought about getting the Mountune logo stencilled on to my intercooler as you can buy the stencils now, I always thought this looked really cool on the Mk3s. Not sure if it'd suit the Mk2 though? 🤔

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
That's a cracking step up from your last one. Love the pic of all the parts laid out before fitting... not at all jealous :LOL:. Smart move to buy all the Mountune goodies when you did, bet it was a thought though with the pennies involved. Looks so good with the new wheels... and those brakes are stunning. Roll on summer time (y).

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Thank you yeah I really think it is, and I was very relieved to hear Fred at FJRS say how much of a better car it was (I got him to inspect the one I won) and that I had a good one! I'm not used to spending so much money on a car, not by a long chalk! Same goes for the Mountune parts, but it really felt like my only shot at attaining 'The Dream', I had the spondoolies from selling RS No1 so I went for it! Replacing the radiator and next the clutch replacement it's going to have are a bit of a kick in the balls, but they would need doing eventually and at least I know they should all be good for many years to come.

Absolutely roll on summer! I'm getting fed up sitting in it in my garage and can't wait to get some proper miles on it! 🚙 Appreciate the kind words mate (y)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So in the interests of digging up a bit more history on the RS, just before Christmas I posted a V888 form and a £5 cheque to the DVLA to request dates for when previous owners owned the car. The letter arrived yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised! For some reason I was expecting a fairly even spread with each owner having owned it for just a couple of years or so, however there were 4 owners in the first 4 years, which having read about on here actually seems quite common with people having their fun with a new car before selling on quite quickly. Owner 5 was an absolute legend though, and owned the car for 7 years between 2013 and 2020. They serviced it on the button every year too, prior to that it was serviced at Ford ahead of its intervals and actually averaged more than one service a year. I believe this was due to the car being serviced for re-sale and possibly when the warranty work was carried out. Regardless, no bad thing as you can't have too many oil changes!

It's nice to know that the car had a good stint with an owner for so long. 😊 I suspect owner 6 shifted it as the belts were due (the dealer who supplied the car to me carried out the belts work), may have known about the radiator and possibly the clutch too and didn't fancy around £3k of bills! Their ownership was also around Covid time, which was also when values shot up so quite a canny time to sell.

Other good news is that the ownership dates corroborate the first few services at Rates Ford, as I don't have invoices to accompany those first few service stamps in the book. I hadn't doubted them the stamps be fair, but it's nice to be able to cross reference. I think the quick turnover of owners early on helped me here as some of the dates of acquisition/disposal coincide with with the dates of service stamps in the book. 🧐🤓

I don't know if anyone here knows of owner 6? According to my HPI check, owner 6's period of ownership coincides with the dates a private plate was transferred on to the car. So the reg number was N22 VEY. Anyone recognise this?

Pretty pleased with that bit of sleuthing. Cheers DVLA!

Font Paper Paper product Document Parallel

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think they may have given names and addresses if I’d asked and had good reason, but I didn’t want to risk then rejections the application as I knew this info would be useful.
That’s cool about all the info you got, what did it include?
GDPR is a pain in the **** indeed.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ha ha, yeah right! 😄 Owner 5 clearly felt differently. Shame you can’t just wipe owners 4 and 6 off the list as their periods of ownership were too short 😆

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quick weekend update, I had the opportunity yesterday to have a go at improving my bonnet under where the vents are fitted. I noticed a while ago that although all the metal clips were holding the vents on they weren’t stuck down at all, were the vents loose when new? Anyway, although fixed on they would slide around a little bit and I could see they were wearing the paint a bit, so I wanted to get the vents off, clean up and treat anywhere where the paint might’ve rubbed through, touch in with a bit of paint and get the vents on. Easy peasy?

I’d heard that the clips were a bit of a pig to remove, but once you’ve worked out a technique they weren’t that bad. I got them all off without breaking any tabs! The clips were still ok to re-use too. Bonus.

Vents before being removed:
Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Automotive lighting Hood Car Window Vehicle door

Bonnet after vent removal (only took photos of one side). Initially a bit scary but it’s all muck really:
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Car

After a quick wipe down:
Automotive exterior Rectangle Tints and shades Vehicle door Electric blue

And after a polish! They’d worn a bit more than I’d hoped but had only worn the paint equivalent to a few stone chips. I’m pleased to have got this job done now!
Automotive lighting Hood Blue Azure Rectangle

Underneath wasn’t quite as bad as I’d thought:
Blue Automotive lighting Azure Automotive exterior Automotive design

I stuck some narrow double sided thin tape under the vents for re-fitting. I only noticed after installing them that the bottom strip is unnecessary as you can see it under the bonnet 🙄 I managed to fix but I know for next time!
Automotive parking light Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

And back in place! Very pleased! There were a few little bits that needed touching in, they just look like stone chips but I’d hoped the vents would totally cover them but they’re slightly visible if you look really close. Anyway, they’re protected now so hopefully shouldn’t rust and they do look better. I’m planning on at least a front end re-spray (maybe full) in the coming years, so this should tide it over nicely until then:
Automotive lighting Grille Hood Blue Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood Motor vehicle

Lastly but not leastly I fitted a cool little Mountune starter button, originally it was @PaulG’s but I bought it off @nath247, I remember it from @PaulG’s epic ST so was chuffed to get the chance to buy it ☺ I think it looks great:

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Hood

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I suppose as this build thread has turned into more of a blog really, so here's a little update from today. I had a opportunity to give the RS a polish and a coat of wax, which is something I'd meant to do for ages, but unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the finished result :rolleyes: Anyway, while I was working my way around the car I noticed it was looking a bit mucky around the rear tail lights, and knowing that this is an area where lots of much can collect I figured out was a good opportunity to take the lights off and have a clean underneath. I'll be honest, it was muckier than I thought but it all cleaned up ok. I would like to get them a bit cleaner still but I was running out of time , but at least it's clean out and protected now:

Before:
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Composite material Electric blue

After:
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper

Automotive parking light Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
Mk3 RS FPM375
422 Posts
Lastly but not leastly I fitted a cool little Mountune starter button, originally it was @PaulG’s but I bought it off @nath247, I remember it from @PaulG’s epic ST so was chuffed to get the chance to buy it ☺ I think it looks great:

View attachment 854221
Ah, good to see it's ended up with a loving home!

I love the fact it lights up with a yellow ring :)

21 - 40 of 70 Posts