Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for people's views on what fuel pump there using for power in the region of 550bhp, my car will be running syvecs.
I know a lot of people are moving the pumps to in boot twin 044 setups. But with the added noise and the fact I use my car daily and put my young daughter in the car, this is not a possibility. So what are my options

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I have an external 044 pump fitted inside a swirl tank and it sits underneath the left hand headlight. I also have a fuel pressure regulator and return pipe back to the tank.

Pump was fitted by Simon (Sitech) and the the regulator and return line was fitted by Wolf but Simon would have also fitted one if I hadn't already had one fitted.

Not sure how much power it will handle but 550 should be no problem.

Jim

PS: Good idea not fitting anything inside the passenger compartment

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok brilliant, thanks for that, I do find it quite scary that people are happy to have fuel pumps inside the car.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
What fuel pump do you use in tank to feed the surge/ swirl tank
I have a standard Kuga pump as I have a kuga tank (AWD conversion).

Your standard RS pump will be fine as it is pumping at much lower pressure and will therefore pump at a much higher flow rate

Jim

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks above for your reply, but unfortunately the above pump will not flow enough for my needs and have to have at least one 044 pump with swirl pot

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
What pump are you running at the moment and what power?

Or is this for future modifications... :smile:

It is always better to have more fuel available than risk running on the edge.

These modern ECU's are supposed to keep things safe but I wouldn't risk it

Jim

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes my mistake, read the description. I have read that these pumps don't supply enough fuel at the required pressure, as above I would rather supply more than I need. Been to look at a car today wich has got what I need so think its all sorted thank you.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
As long as what ever system you get can move enough fuel forward for your swirl pot and 044 for example to supply to your injectors.

The std RS pump will only move a set quantity of fuel, if you do aim for 550 hp and use it you will soon empty your swirl pot.
A high flow/high pressure pump will keep you supplied from the tank.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The standard pump can flow enough fuel for revo stage 4, so I see no problems with the pump supplying enough fuel as it won't be under pressure therefore more flow to the swirl pot. I think when we look at what fuel pumps supply its under 3 bar of pressure for example so with no pressure equals more flow

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
So The RS pump std and M/tune have the pressure regulator as part of the assembly IIRC.

How do we get the pump to not output at the set pressure?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Because the swirl pot returns to tank therefore no pressure, it will be only used as a lift pump

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if some one could find a link to the above mentioned thread that would be great, I don't pretend to know anything as I'm just trying to get my head round it all as want to do as much myself as possible. I don't have endless pockets and therefore can't justified paying for things to be done when chances are I can do them myself and leave the final bits a tuning to my chosen tuner.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
The link for the above fuel pump is off my car, I ran 597hp with this pump so it will flow 550hp with ease. Whoever said it wouldn't be upto the job is talking dribble. It's a £2k pump new and I dont think customers would pay £2k if it wouldn't flow 550+. The problem is only JWR know the spec on this pump so tuners are unsure what it will do, so straight away discard it. This pump will do the same job as a twin pump setup to a limit. Only reason I changed setup is I wanted over 700hp. This is def the best single pump out there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.