Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
Theres a lot be prepared for the £££
As i am probably the most experience in this area what is your exact plan?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My originals are a bit rusty and yeh abit of a restoration in due course.
i thought i would start buying new bolts and getting them coated in that stuff you used .
I no its dear at £2:50 a bolt n £2:00 a nut.carnt do it at once.

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
Start off at the rear its the easiest.
4 bolts for rear trailing arm bushes
6 bolts for rear axle
2 bolts that attach shock absorber to hub
4 bolts for camber arm
4 bolts for toe arm
4 bolts for lower arms

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
are you taking it off the road to do the resto? if so you can have the orig bolts/nuts dippped and rezinced for just a few quid,cheap as anything

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
ive an idea they will need blasting first anyhow, I think Daryl just had them ceramic coated iirc?
most of those bolts are painted either black or silver from memory, they rust because the coatings so thin, id shot blast the ones you have zinc, then paint the correct colours back on for it to look right personally, not really any need to replace them especially at fords prices.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh ,the rear seams a good place to start ,
Ive hardly used my car ,anyway.but as i dont wanna start coating the big bits yet,so i thought i would start with all the nuts and bolts..
also

the cerekote place is miles away from me,so gunna take some planning.
Ive already partly striped both front and rear painted all parts myself with hammerite,painted all arches,inside wings and behind shocks.but you carnt beat gettin it done properly,cos didnt get them shot blasted ,i just did it as a temp,

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didnt no wheather to buy new ,mine look realy nasty and not many miles on her,so if i bought used wasnt sure they clean up well,but yours came up good.they look it on your build thread.

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
The cups of the shafts was the worst, it took him alot of time to remove it all.
They are pitted due to the corrosion but they look fine to me imo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.