Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quotes from another forum. These are excerpts of posts by the guy doing drive line testing on the RS:

"No it's not comparable. You'll have to find something better than a Subaru if you want a fair benchmark. A professional race car driver turned 4 total laps in the RS. He had never driven the car before. He turned a 1:29.xxx. In the GT350R and 991 GT3 he was running 1:22.xxx. Looking up laps times from Car & Driver tests at this track the RS is faster than what C&D pulled out of the C6 Corvette. It's also faster than the SCCA Spec Miata track record."

"RS was on the standard Pilot Super Sport. It would probably be 1-1.5 seconds faster on the Cup2. I can't find any official lap time at this track for a newer STi or Evo. C&D apparently turned in a 1:34 with an Evo in '08. A friend was running 1:29's last year in a modified '05 STi (turbo swap, swaybars, RCE yellows). Another friend runs 1:28's in his modified '08 135i (gutted exhaust, Dinan tune, KW v3 coilovers, stripped interior with CF racing seats, r-compound rubber). I think I was able to run 1:35-1:40 in my '05 WRX (auto-x prepared for STX) years ago when I took it to this track."

"Well...the same professional driver apparently does some time attack as well and mentioned the RS was a better handling car than any STi, Evo, or Golf he'd driven. Take that as you will."

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Inetersting info for discussion, even though they are not official figures. Only thing we know at this stage , that Mk3 puts over 1g in the corners, according to Fords official press release.
Both of those 1.22 cars mentioned above are running semi slicks from factory (maxx race and Cup2) so it's very impressive indeed :yep:

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
I won't deny, I bet it's well worthy of the :rs: badge. I bet it's very impressive and well made. It's just a shame it's so boring to look at but maybe Ford noticed that people like to put their own stamp on their cars and will make them look a bit meaner with paint/wraps/carbon etc... when it's finally released! :yep:
:cool:

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
To me, that info means absolutely nothing. :whistle:

I couldn't give 2 hoots about how fast a car is around a track, i'd take more notice of what a car is like in the real world on the road & what it's like to live with, since when does thrashing around a track relate to real world roads, which is where 95% will spend their lives? :l:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
^ :yep: And it's not like Ford can do a lap of the Nurburgring anymore (not that they're interested it doing so anyway!) or any other manufacturer for that matter in the manner that they used to, due to the speed limits imposed on parts of the track. So all previous records set by the likes of Renault, Seat etc would appear to be pretty worthless now and consigned to the history books... :whistle:

I used the Nurburgring as an example as this is seen as the place to be for manufacturers to demonstrate the capabilities of their cars, however I accept that the comments above from the US RS forum will no doubt refer to another track!

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
To me this kinda says all you wana be race drivers will dick with the setting an put it in the ditch after 3weeks

All hail the stig lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.