Forged crank00.00%
Blueprinted block00.00%
Motorsport bearings00.00%
Anything else please specify00.00%
Nothing internal3100.00%

·
Registered
145 Posts
Next week my car is going in to be forged by my tuner their demo car is running the Wiseco 9.0:1 pistons with the k1 supersport rods, but I got the feeling this is because at the time the demo car was built, that was the only choice. In my mind I questioned the compression ratio so tried to research what happens when you up the compression, it seems it will make more power off boost, but will limit the upper amount of boost that is safe to run, their demo car runs a true 440bhp and that was my aim, I want a double output St 450bhp I doubt I'll go for any more than that but I don't want to be held back by my choice of internals if in the future I ever decided to go for more power, I already did it once by only having rs internals fitted instead of forged so I've already payed out twice for a rebuild in stead of getting it right first time. I'm very interested to hear who's using what and how they decided,

Personally I like the pec/supertech combo due to oversized small ends and fancy piston coatings,

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've just had my engine done at Devils with pec/super tech internals. Only used them because of lees recommendation. Can't really comment at the moment as in running it in

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's about 2.2k depending on which rods and pistons, but I'm having some other stuff fitted at the same time so my labour is combined with the other jobs. I think most garages charge between 2.2k and

2.5k although mountune's build is 3k due to expensive rods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts