Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Ford now have an Accident Management scheme that is FREE to all customers.

The purpose behind this is to ensure that any Ford vehicle is repaired in accordance with the Ford Reccommendations, and no doubt to get original parts asales.

go look at www.ford.co.uk/accidentmanagement or call 0800-587 FORD (3673 for those who cant work that out)

Below is an extract from the above website, could be useful to RS owners to ensure original spec maintained during repairs.

Ford Accident Management is a free service for all Ford customers, whatever the age of their vehicle.

Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, Ford Accident Management will provide you with a free service from the time you have an accident to the moment you collect your repaired Ford.

We will:
  • Recover your vehicle where it cannot be driven, free of charge
  • Provide you with a free courtesy car even if its not included in your insurance policy, even if you were at fault
  • Liaise with your insurance company to process the claim and have repairs approved
  • Complete your claim form
  • Ensure your vehicle is repaired at a Ford Accident Repair Centre
  • Only Ford genuine parts will be fitted
  • Only Ford trained technicians will work on your car
  • Your Ford panel warranty will be maintained
Don't forget to download the Ford Accident Management App to your smart phone. yet to be updated for iOS 11 as of 22-12-2017

You won't have to:
  • Remember all your details when you phone
  • Worry about looking for the number
  • Provide all the information to the call handler as this will automatically be sent to them from the app.
To find your nearest Ford Accident Repair Centre, click here.

In the event of an accident, phone Ford Accident Management first on 0800 587 FORD

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Looks good, useful post.

No app for android though. The presumption that if you have a smartphone and want an app you must have one of those iphone things irritates me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It sounds too good to be true because it is.

My understanding is that accident management companies get their money back from insurance companies, and are one of the chief reasons who insurance premiums are increasing so much.

Have a quick google, try Honest John particularly, then come back.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I nearly fainted when I read that this morning................I thought it was too good to be true................

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealers should soon be getting a stock of small a5 packs with letting tags with the contact number on and sized to keep in the glove box.

I understand the scepticism of people however the literature I have read is that the average cost of a repair is £1100 and hantavirus really changed for some years, but the average cost of a claim is going up £4500ish due to personal
Injury claims. The insurance companies can only really manage the cost of repair sonto keep overall bills low they ate writing off perfectly sound & repairable vehicles.
I will try to find some of the Independant articles & post a link to them.

I hope we all agree that to write off an RS due to someone else's stupidity of driving too close and rear ending or pulling out from side road without looking I'd not what any of us want.

·
Registered
78 Posts
when my dad picked up his new car last week the guy gave my dad an envelope and he explained about if the car is involed in an accident you ring the number in the envelope and they contact your insurance company and sort out where they prefere the car to be repaired and to ma=kle sure all parts are ford approved and genuine.il try and scan it and put it up...

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
re .......... .il try and scan it and put it up...

Have a look at the beginning of this thread, there is a URL there with all the info I believe.

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
just thought I would provide a quick update on this service from a mail I received.
I have marked in red text the bit I like, beats paying more for a hire car then on your policy.

If you have an accident, fast forward through the hassle with Ford Accident Management- a free service for all Ford drivers, whatever the age of their vehicle! With one phone call, or a click on the smartphone app, they will:
  • Provide you with a free courtesy car, whether it is included in your insurance policy and whether or not you are at fault
  • Recover your vehicle for free where necessary
  • Ford approved technicians will fit genuine Ford parts
  • Liaise with your insurance company to process the claim and approve repairs
Currently this is one of Ford's best kept secrets, so please tell all your Ford driving friends and families.
You can also share the video advert with your social network though YouTube (http://bit.ly/MW05h1) or on the Ford UK Facebook page (www.facebook.com/forduk ).

remember to call 0800 587 3673 or 0800 587 FORD

·
Registered
525 Posts
Seems good, I toke out Ford insurance for the car thus year as was only $50 then quote I was going for and there was more added perks.

For sake of 50quid I wasn't worth the risk for a new car.

·
Premium Member
13,138 Posts
Dave

I must have missed your original post, don't think I was on the forum at the time. Do you realise that the post was all the elevens 1 9+2=11 11-11:11 obviously a significant figure in another context.

If you own a Ford then surely this is the only route to go down and if I am reading the post right then all RS's would be covered of any age. Do you have to be the original purchaser to use the service.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts