Focus RS Forum banner

Focus ST170

2K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Tc248carl 
#1 ·
Has anyone owned one of these? And can you remember if the centre caps seemed loose and spun round?
After a quick search on google there are a few threads over the years on various forums about it and it seems the norm but it just seems odd to me and doesn't look or seem right

#3 ·
I've had two ,I dont remember the caps spinning but it was a long time ago , they come with a little tool for pulling the caps off which I still have i use it on the wifes car , it's like a T shape with a hook on the end that fits under the cap, if I remember rightly they are a bit flimsy .

#15 ·
Got the standard exhaust back on.

The climate control isn't working as it should, any temperature set it blows cool air only, if the setting is at Hi it blows hot air but only at the Hi setting any other number it reverts back to cool air even at 30°C which is a pain, one tech i spoke to said it will be the control panel but obviously new parts for these are a no go, there are a few used ones on ebay but could end up urinating into the wind with those, any past owners had this problem and was it indeed the control panel?

#26 ·
Go on how longs the list

not like your finicky or anything lol

my mk1 is becoming an **** to start in the cold (he hates me)
Oh the list is growing daily 🤣
Climate control not working properly
Drivers heated seat doesn't work
Notchy accelerator pedal
Either the handbrake cable or a calliper is sticking
Horn sounds like your strangling a duck
Tailgate struts are shot
Courtesy light in the boot doesn't work
Exhaust isn't central in the rear bumper aperture
Can't listen to MW on the radio as it just crackles
And then there's the bodywork issues 🤦‍♂️

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.