Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
In the eight years I’ve owned my car the bridging pin, the said little piece of white plastic that connects the key lock barrel to the bonnet latch mechanism has failed once following the removal of my front bumper. Whilst a bit of a pain in the harris thanks to the info on this forum it was remedied fairly easily with a new oem bridging pin and me being me I bought a pack of spares.

whilst I get what the fella is saying in the video it will be the one time where it’s not the owner of the car but a tea leaf that is trying to crack the bonnet open, fitting one of these “upgraded parts” will make it easier for mr/mrs thief to gain access to the engine bay. 😩

I’ll stick with what was fitted from factory, it’s like it is for a reason 😉

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
In the eight years I’ve owned my car the bridging pin, the said little piece of white plastic that connects the key lock barrel to the bonnet latch mechanism has failed once following the removal of my front bumper. Whilst a bit of a pain in the harris thanks to the info on this forum it was remedied fairly easily with a new oem bridging pin and me being me I bought a pack of spares.

whilst I get what the fella is saying in the video it will be the one time where it’s not the owner of the car but a tea leaf that is trying to crack the bonnet open, fitting one of these “upgraded parts” will make it easier for mr/mrs thief to gain access to the engine bay. 😩

I wonder if its actually stopped any being stolen 🤔 seems the scumbags go in by breaking the drivers door window and using the obd .

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
I wonder if its actually stopped any being stolen 🤔 seems the scumbags go in by breaking the drivers door window and using the obd .
PM’d you 😉

yeah ford upgraded the bonnet security only for it to be obsolete thanks to them making the obd port so accessible instead:rolleyes:
indeed but as we all know there are options to solve that issue 😉

Personally for me I just don’t think it’s a good idea to replace something that has been fitted to aid security despite the shortfalls elsewhere on the car 😉😉

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts

I've seen so many posts about it failing over the years and being absolute nightmare to get it open when it does fail .not heard of any rs being stolen via the engine.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts