Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

Registered
Ok I thought I鈥檇 be the Guinea pig and give it a go, I cut the piece down by 3-4 mill and refitted it back in the lock, it is now perfect and works how it should, no more stiffness and you can feel it pop when you turn the key,
although I have been told in the past that you should press down slightly on the bonnet when unlocking to remove the pressure on the lock.

Premium Member
Ok I thought I鈥檇 be the Guinea pig and give it a go, I cut the piece down by 3-4 mill and refitted it back in the lock, it is now perfect and works how it should, no more stiffness and you can feel it pop when you turn the key,
although I have been told in the past that you should press down slightly on the bonnet when unlocking to remove the pressure on the lock.
So are you glad you changed it now ?

Registered
So are you glad you changed it now ?
I didn鈥檛 have any problems with the original part, and mine had no signs of wear,
buts it鈥檚 done now so hopefully I won鈥檛 have to worry about it failing,
but like I said before, if you hardly ever open your bonnet it will probably be fine and not need replacing.

Registered

I've also purchased this .probably fit this instead
you won鈥檛 have to worry about the lock, your car lives in the garage for 10 months of the year not moving

Registered
2010 Focus RS MP350 Lux 2
Appreciate you giving this a go! Need to sort this one mine then.

What did you use to get a nice cut on it?

Premium Member

I've also purchased this .probably fit this instead
Is that plastic mate or aluminium, for the price I would say plastic, I watched a video of someone fitting what looked the same as that to an ST and those little clips on the end of the rod piece that clip onto those plastic ball things didn't look that clever to me .

Premium Member
Is that plastic mate or aluminium, for the price I would say plastic, I watched a video of someone fitting what looked the same as that to an ST and those little clips on the end of the rod piece that clip onto those plastic ball things didn't look that clever to me .
Don't know mate .it was delivered to my old work address and I've not been to collect it yet. I've cut mine down 3 mil so will probably fit thar instead. You fitted yours?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts