Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents

Just watched this video on "youtube" talking about a replacement part to potentially solve the bonnet latch issue:

Here's the part on ebay, I think I might get one of these:

Might be helpful so some of you guys with a MK2.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wisbech Engineering used to supply a cheap pattern part lock that didn't last long. I say used
to because I don't know if they have changed to a Ford OEM lock. Ask before buying.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Hi Gents

Just watched this video on "youtube" talking about a replacement part to potentially solve the bonnet latch issue:

Here's the part on ebay, I think I might get one of these:

Might be helpful so some of you guys with a MK2.

Cheers

John
I done this a few years back when mine failed, still working a treat.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The part arrived today so I had a go at fitting it, all I would say is if your bonnet is opening fine now, just leave it alone.
this fix does work but the mechanism now feels stiff when opening the lock, and the spring motion seems to have gone. Not sure if it’s because the new part is longer but it definitely felt better with the original in place.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
The part arrived today so I had a go at fitting it, all I would say is if your bonnet is opening fine now, just leave it alone.
this fix does work but the mechanism now feels stiff when opening the lock, and the spring motion seems to have gone. Not sure if it’s because the new part is longer but it definitely felt better with the original in place.
When the guy said at the end of the video 'it feels a bit tight' it stopped me from buying one.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts