Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking seriously at the Focus RS and as I have never owned a Ford I thought I would pop down to my local garage and have a look around the latest 2015 ST (Recaro seats, dash etc).

The Recaro seats were very snug (compared to my one year old Golf GTD) but felt nice as did the feel of the steering wheel etc.

The dash design is not a patch on VW (In my opinion of course) and is ok, but I was slightly surprised how wobbly the plastic was on the dash around the vents etc.

I didn't drive the ST but I am just wondering if anyone with an ST can comment on any rattle issues with theirs ?

or - has anyone gone from a MK7 Golf to a Focus and can comment on the interior feels generally comparing the 2 cars ?

I am not a fan of the external looks of the Golf R and think the Focus RS looks great, has just the spec I am looking for - I Just need to get my head around the interior I think !

Hope someone can help !

Mark

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I am looking seriously at the Focus RS and as I have never owned a Ford I thought I would pop down to my local garage and have a look around the latest 2015 ST (Recaro seats, dash etc).
The Recaro seats were very snug (compared to my one year old Golf GTD) but felt nice as did the feel of the steering wheel etc.
The dash design is not a patch on VW (In my opinion of course) and is ok, but I was slightly surprised how wobbly the plastic was on the dash around the vents etc.

I didn't drive the ST but I am just wondering if anyone with an ST can comment on any rattle issues with theirs ?

or - has anyone gone from a MK7 Golf to a Focus and can comment on the interior feels generally comparing the 2 cars ?

I am not a fan of the external looks of the Golf R and think the Focus RS looks great, has just the spec I am looking for - I Just need to get my head around the interior I think !
Hope someone can help !

Mark
We ran a number of VAG cars on fleet, but most had trim issues, rattles, squeaks etc. One Audi had several trips to the dealer to sort a squeak around the stereo trim. The tech told me that they could do nothing but keep squirting wd40 in it :nope: Like all cars, there are various niggles but I have found the trim in later Fords to be fine apart from the auto dimming rear view mirror which rattled in my Kuga. There is also a chance you could get a Friday afternoon car, but this is a risk you take with any marque!

·
Registered
353 Posts
We have in the last dew days picked up a focus st3 2 years old to drive until our RS is delivered. Love it not a rattle anywhere and the interior is a nice place to be.

Makes even more excited to getting the RS

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Zero rattles on our 3yo mk3 ST3 Estate. Now covered 13000 miles. In contrast my first 2009 mk2 RS had the front door glass rattle virtually from day one, though my 2010 RS500 is still rattle free after five years though I somehow doubt Ford got better at putting them together, they were building three door Focus mk2 long before the RS was released near the end of the production run.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Zero rattles on our 3yo mk3 ST3 Estate. Now covered 13000 miles. In contrast my first 2009 mk2 RS had the front door glass rattle virtually from day one, though my 2010 RS500 is still rattle free after five years though I somehow doubt Ford got better at putting them together, they were building three door Focus mk2 long before the RS was released near the end of the production run.
Mk2 is a tipical fault with the 3 door from what have read, I have it on my mk2 ST3 but apart from that no rattles etc to report

·
Registered
80 Posts

Hope someone can help !

Mark
I have a 2013 pfl ST (10.5k miles) and i have the slight rattle around the drivers door trim but i can tolerate it now, but thats more due to the country roads near me, its fine on an A road

·
Registered
51 Posts
My ST is 7 months old with 6k on the clock. No rattles or squeaks (that I can hear) so far and it feels pretty solidly built. Some of the plastics might not be as soft as a VW interior but I don't see it as an issue. I came from a new BMW and Audi, so called premium brands and don't really feel its much of a downgrade interior wise (especially from the BMW).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.