Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think Ford will do a Final Edition run out Focus to mark the production run end .
Im not talking about a Rs model just something with a few cosmetic changes ,recaro seats and a power boost and a stand out colour to send it on its way.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Recaro seats, probably not. They now have their own Ford Performance sports seats. Recaros would likely be a cost option.
Can't see Ford doing their own Performance upgrade as it would entail homologation etc. It would have to be an aftermarket dealer fit upgrade and Ford broke their ties with Mountune, so not sure that would be a possibility again.
The prefacelift mk4 has already had two ST Performance editions, which didn't have any power upgrades, so I can't see a facelift model getting any either.
Then there is the fact that no more cars could be built after current orders have been built. Dealers aren't currently taking orders.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would have felt sure there would be a final special edition focus but having read the comments above it does seem very unlikely, although the focus ST Edition came out of the blue (pardon the pun) to some dealers.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Recaro seats, probably not. They now have their own Ford Performance sports seats. Recaros would likely be a cost option.
Can't see Ford doing their own Performance upgrade as it would entail homologation etc. It would have to be an aftermarket dealer fit upgrade and Ford broke their ties with Mountune, so not sure that would be a possibility again.
The prefacelift mk4 has already had two ST Performance editions, which didn't have any power upgrades, so I can't see a facelift model getting any either.
Then there is the fact that no more cars could be built after current orders have been built. Dealers aren't currently taking orders.
I was told by a salesman at Essex Ford that people are being given their deposit back!
RIP Ford Focus?

JohnD

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
RIP Ford in general... :cautious:
Accept for the Raptor Twin Turbo :love: ...but it's still a bit pointless for our roads/country :confused:
I think you might be right mate with the RIP bit. I was down my local Ford dealer the other week and they have moved to a brand new premises and I asked where the showroom and sales department is and they said they are not bothering with new car sales 😱

·
Premium Member
23,880 Posts
I think you might be right mate with the RIP bit. I was down my local Ford dealer the other week and they have moved to a brand new premises and I asked where the showroom and sales department is and they said they are not bothering with new car sales 😱
Not the only one, the branch where I bought my RS from, stopped new & used car sales 12 months ago, just a service centre now, the showroom & land is due to be a Lidls!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ford not allowing sales/online configuring of Fiesta and Focus models has hit their UK sales record and means dealers are not interested in trying to meet sales targets when Ford will not supply the new cars.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Not the only one, the branch where I bought my RS from, stopped new & used car sales 12 months ago, just a service centre now, the showroom & land is due to be a Lidls!
i think the writing is on the wall, maybe they will just have Transit centres although i do see quite a few Pumas so they must be selling some of them

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Ford announced over 2yrs ago, when covid was just an epidemic and microchips were still in plentiful supply, that they would be closing around 180 dealerships. 40 were closed by February 2021. So it's no surprise more dealerships are closing.

As for dealers wanting to concentrate on selling 2nd hand cars, all manufacturers are struggling to get hold of microchips and struggling to supply new cars, as a result, one owner, low mileage, almost new cars are selling for more than new cars.

There was a TV program the other evening that mentioned many, if not all, car manufacturers are diverting the microchips into their most profitable vehicles.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Ford announced over 2yrs ago, when covid was just an epidemic and microchips were still in plentiful supply, that they would be closing around 180 dealerships. 40 were closed by February 2021. So it's no surprise more dealerships are closing.

As for dealers wanting to concentrate on selling 2nd hand cars, all manufacturers are struggling to get hold of microchips and struggling to supply new cars, as a result, one owner, low mileage, almost new cars are selling for more than new cars.

There was a TV program the other evening that mentioned many, if not all, car manufacturers are diverting the microchips into their most profitable vehicles.
I watched that, looks like the average person wont be able to afford or even get a new car the way things are going . You'll be paying more for a second hand car than a new one , that second hand electric VW for 60 k🤪

·
Premium Member
23,880 Posts
Nearest Vauxhall dealer to me is 15 miles away & there's hundreds of 2020 on & brand new Corsa flying about here, makes you wonder how GM don't seem to have a problem with shortages, also how many of those would have had a Fiesta if available & finally, with the amount of Corsas & yaris & similar about, there's still a market for small cars, NOT ugly suv type stuff!! ;)

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Following on from my Raptor comment, they've took it off their configurator for another watered-down version so I think they have canned the V6 Ecoboost 288PS version for the UK!? :confused: :unsure: :(

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
You'll be paying more for a second hand car than a new one
ive been looking around for the last couple of yrs for something to replace my daily driver focus st with and have been keeping an eye on the puma st waiting until they were a few yrs old and prices had dropped ,they were around the 29k mark for a nice low miler, 2 yrs further on and the prices are nearly the same still,so a terrible time to be buying a car

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Nearest Vauxhall dealer to me is 15 miles away & there's hundreds of 2020 on & brand new Corsa flying about here, makes you wonder how GM don't seem to have a problem with shortages, also how many of those would have had a Fiesta if available & finally, with the amount of Corsas & yaris & similar about, there's still a market for small cars, NOT ugly suv type stuff!! ;)
Well all those new Corsa's have had to end up somewhere. I don't think I have seen 10 since they came out.
Vauxhall have always been in the habit of just building cars to fill showrooms and having a plentiful dealer stock, rather than just a relative few above customer orders. Being a new model, they will likely have had plenty of dealer stock.
With all the recent reports of UK car production being down, I've not read a single one that said Vauxhall wasn't affected as much as everyone else.

·
Premium Member
23,880 Posts
Well all those new Corsa's have had to end up somewhere. I don't think I have seen 10 since they came out.
Vauxhall have always been in the habit of just building cars to fill showrooms and having a plentiful dealer stock, rather than just a relative few above customer orders. Being a new model, they will likely have had plenty of dealer stock.
With all the recent reports of UK car production being down, I've not read a single one that said Vauxhall wasn't affected as much as everyone else.
Well whatever or however they're doing it, it seems they are doing it better than Ford! ;)

It's not just the Corsa, there's a plethora of Mokkas too, although Astras seem to be few & far between on '20 on regs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts