Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share this:

https://grrc.goodwood.com/race/historic/video-flat-out-and-fearless-thrashing-a-tyrrell-008-in-the-wet-around-montreal?utm_source=The%20Goodwood%20Estate%20Company%20Ltd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=6207369_MSI%20-%20GRR%2025%20September%202015&utm_content=Depailler%20on%20board&dm_i=1QLU,3P1MX,B7OOMK,DAL8O,1#oFRPYuoaEYcQFTdS.97

An awesome drive I think you'll agree. This has to be one of my favourite examples of car control at its best, just raw power, a very talented driver, and appalling conditions! :bow: The pioneering days of onboard footage in Motorsport, things have come a long way. A bit of commentary from Murray tops it off nicely too. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking exactly the same thing Gareth! I love driving in the wet, it teaches you so much. :smile:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Brilliant drive.

Oh how I miss a rear wheel drive car for that kind of fun.
Certainly sorts out the men from the boys does RWD.

The other lap as good or dare I say better than this was Sennas opening lap at Donington in 1993 European GP an awesome drive given the conditions and how many he passed.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
It looks to me like he was just having some fun! :yep:

He certainly wasn't going for a quick lap as he was losing loads of traction just about everywhere - on purpose I might add. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
It looks to me like he was just having some fun! :yep:

He certainly wasn't going for a quick lap as he was losing loads of traction just about everywhere - on purpose I might add. :thumbsup:
Yeah, definitely showboating & why not on a clear deserted track! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts