Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people

Cant decide on the RS or the new Civic R,ive owned my Ep3 since 2002 to this day!

102,000 miles and not one problem in all the years of Honda ownership...

The last ford i had was 1988 ford orion lol when i was 17....

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
:welcome: aboard Paul.

We have some ex CTR owners on here but seeing as this is focusrsoc I think any advice you get may be skewed somewhat :nice:

My skewed advice - get the Focus :yep:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I owned the last of the EP3s - a Cosmic Grey Premier edition with great Recaro seats.

The nicest sounding 2.0 engine I have heard to date, with a rock hard set up, let down only by its poor steering feel.

I would rate the Type R as very good overall for its age. The mk2 RS is sublime in comparison.

I love Type R's but have been deeply let down by the latest, as Honda promised everything with their concept car and gave us a car with a stuck on airfix kit.

Coming from someone who very much likes the Type R brand, I would go for the mk3 RS - whilst it looks too subtle, I still think it will be the more rounded car overall.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have tracked the new Type R and it was awesome,. The looks are not to everybody's taste and the dash is cluttered and the soundtrack poor, but it goes well and grips like a limpet.

The mk3 is part of a superior brand and heritage IMHO and will probably have greater residuals as well. Sensible thing is to just wait and test both...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts