Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
I got my local garage to fit X4 this week as my back is still playing up.

As I had new plugs fitted at the same time its difficult to assess the actual level of change running with the new air box however the car does feel a lot more progressive through the gears. Interestingly the induction noise is less if anything but then I am running 57s so I guess less air is being drawn through the end of the filter.

Would I recommend this upgrade, a definite yes and as an added bonus you get a nice, in my case, yellow "M" logo on the front of the car at low level.

The only problem I can see is that like all good things custard takes time to make so I afraid you will have to wait as, wait for it, wait for it, "its out of stock"

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Roger did they take the bumper off do you know as wanting to fit mine in a couple of weeks but really dont fancy taking bumper off
I also have a splitter fitted so not sure if i will have to take this off as well?

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roger did they take the bumper off do you know as wanting to fit mine in a couple of weeks but really dont fancy taking bumper off
I also have a splitter fitted so not sure if i will have to take this off as well?
I pointed them to the Mountune video but suggested the easier route suggested by other members. I didn't have time to talk to the engineer that did the work on the car but I am pretty sure they didn't take either the bumper off or the intercooler out.
Come on guys it's just a gadget which looks nice ;)
Arrr but this isn't just any gadget this is a Mountune gadget.
Don't bother Rog, I did and the K+N extreme is much better :yep: :yep:
I wanted to stay with Mountune so X4 it is.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I pointed them to the Mountune video but suggested the easier route suggested by other members. I didn't have time to talk to the engineer that did the work on the car but I am pretty sure they didn't take either the bumper off or the intercooler out.

Arrr but this isn't just any gadget this is a Mountune gadget.

I wanted to stay with Mountune so X4 it is.
I have the Mountune x4 Rog, but with K+N extreme filter in it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm pretty sure the oem Mountune setup is maxed out at 370/400 bhp, it needs the extra inlet.
Scottish Greg still has the Std M/Tune box with a K&N fitted and is well over 400.

The M/Tune box is better than a lot give it credit for.

We did 393 with one fitted.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I made 392hp with mountune box

Dyno op said it was holding it back slightly at the top end

Group A on now with cold air feed runs much better

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Mountune filter for me.

Surprised you don run one Tony?!
You know me Chris, Mountune all the way, but after having the extreme and then changing to the Mountune, it just didn't seem as responsive/free (probably in my head lol).

One thing for sure , it certainly didn't sound as good as the extreme :nope: :nope:

Where's the best place to get an xtreme tony?
Not sure Jon, bought one as new from a member on here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts