Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well I finally said goodbye to the RS. I had mixed feelings to be honest. Especially on the drive home(motorway mainly) However no regrets. The DSG does not disappoint at all. Maybe thats because of Playstation gran turismo steering wheel set up with paddle shift.

I only have 2 issues, no voice calling when button pressed. Apparently can be activated by dealer no idea on cost. Also exhaust is a bit quiet I do miss the sound of the RS.

@wildrain does the M52 do anything to the sound?
Excellent choice of colour!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Well I finally said goodbye to the RS. I had mixed feelings to be honest. Especially on the drive home(motorway mainly) However no regrets. The DSG does not disappoint at all. Maybe thats because of Playstation gran turismo steering wheel set up with paddle shift.
I only have 2 issues, no voice calling when button pressed. Apparently can be activated by dealer no idea on cost. Also exhaust is a bit quiet I do miss the sound of the RS.
To improve the exhaust note you need to fit an anti drone res delete pipe. And to enhance the sound further, but very costly is fit an Akrapovic Exhaust if you can find a second hand one. They are like rocking horse poo, but well worth it.

Nice car by the way. Lovely colour.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Have seen a few videos and reviews of res delete. Was hoping the remap may make it sound a bit livelier. In race mode is sounds better although the speakers come in to it. Would be nice to have some pops and bangs especially on the down shifts.

Absolutely loving it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome to the club mate, I've sent you a PM

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Have seen a few videos and reviews of res delete. Was hoping the remap may make it sound a bit livelier. In race mode is sounds better although the speakers come in to it. Would be nice to have some pops and bangs especially on the down shifts.
Absolutely loving it.
You can switch off the fake noises that come through the speakers. Many owners have already done this.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I have just got rid of my r for a mk2 .centre section delete makes the world of difference on them And so does a r600 induction kit your voice activation they charge you about £130 I think

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
[quote name="Tookes" post="6826323" timestamp="1590943006"]Yes it is fwd but a lot lighter and track orientated hence no back seats, think there were only 150 came to uk?[/quote

That's right , also,when I'm out and about I'm invisible as it looks like a normal golf gti which there are many only difference outside is a bigger rear spoiler

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think because the image is cafe racer rather than enthusiast.

That engineered out feel, or lack of feel.

Whether it's fast or not doesn't matter to enthusiasts when they want a tangible experience rather than a road registered playstation game.

Not to hate on it, just reading a take on what people comment about the most for reasons they don't like or sold one on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I dont think it makes you less than an enthusiast because of the DSG gearbox. I've always had manuals for the driving experience. Didnt want an automatic at all as thought it would kill of the fun/experience of driving

I was wrong the DSG is superb fun when using the paddles. think that depends on the car and the driver. When I was looking for a car in 2016 I didnt even consider a golf r,mainly down to a lot of reviews saying boring drive. I'm glad i went for a test drive in one, boring is not a word I would use, I can chuck it about with a big smile on my face. I love it.

Worth trying even if it's a test drive. Doesnt mean I wont go back manual. For me now this was the best option.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts