Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi guys & Girls,

Can anyone recommend an exhaust that is nice on throttle but not too loud at idle and not too droney? I've just gone CP400 and had a decat fitted alongside my Section 59 and it's just too loud for me. Also I'm a retained Firefighter and going out at 3am to respond to the station with that will do the neighbors heads in!

I have put an exchange offer in the classifieds but wondered if someone had a personal recommendation as videos on youtube are so hard to tell from.

As a side note :- CP400 is insane! and I'd like to thank @A and K Motorsport for their super speedy and hassle free service!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just got a mountune cat back which I think is the same as miltek sounds good without being over the top would recommend either :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a decat and Miltek resonated

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

Just swapped with my Section 59 with another member, who is probably now deaf !!! :cry:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Although I've just replaced mine for a kms thunderstorm, my standard mongoose with decat made a lovely noise, not really any drone really quite factory sounding when driven normally, but loud when pedal is pressed down

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I have a piper cat back which is just right for me but mite be a little loud for some. Personally if I were to start again I would have a normal mongoose turbo back with sport cat ;)

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
You could also consider a BCS, tailpipes same as standard only slightly bigger. They pride themselves on eliminating any drone, hence why i changed the one on my mk1 for BCS and its made a huge difference. Although i will hopefully go MR375 on the mk2 next year i think i will opt for a BCS over the Mountune/Milltek. If you go on YouTube there is vid on Blue Mk2. Price is usually very good. Contact Nigel.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Mountune UK spec. But I've changed the centre pipe to non res and have a decat. Driving normally you can't really hear it at all inside. Outside sure you can but it's not in your face. Open it up though and it sounds filthy dirty and loud. I've heard it from a friend's car and it just sounds awesome. At motorway speeds there is a slight drone now. Before when I had just the UK spec set-up it was much quieter. But for me this set-up is perfect. I've asked my neighbours and they're not annoyed with it on start-up and it doesn't give me a headache. I've heard a KMS and liked it. But my personal preference for a road car sits with Milltek.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts