Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I've owned my standard RS now for a couple of months. It's getting to the stage when I'm thinking about changing the exhaust! I know you'll all have different opinions but I'm looking for something loud when you give it some beans, but also quite enough at 70 for my Mrs to fall Asleep! She gets a tad touchy on the way home from meets haha! Just looking for some advice don't want to spend a lot of money on the wrong system! Also any Rs meets coming up I should know about? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi all I've owned my standard RS now for a couple of months. It's getting to the stage when I'm thinking about changing the exhaust! I know you'll all have different opinions but I'm looking for something loud when you give it some beans, but also quite enough at 70 for my Mrs to fall Asleep! She gets a tad touchy on the way home from meets haha! Just looking for some advice don't want to spend a lot of money on the wrong system! Also any Rs meets coming up I should know about? Thanks in advance!
Get the loudest exhaust you can and leave the Mrs at home.

Mongoose cat back isn't too bad, sounds nice on power but quiet enough normally.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I like Milltek. The full system with a UK cat back, resonated centre and cat works well for what i think you're after. If you want more noise (and drone) after that go non-res on the centre pipe.

Or as Greg says above, you can also just add a different cat back. But if you find that doesn't work you're forking out more money after.

Best thing to do is go to a local meet and see what people are running, I'm sure some members will also take you out so you can hear their systems. :nice:

I changed the whole system when I went to the MR375 at Mountune, then changed things gradually to get the ideal noise for me (like the centre pipe and decat).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.