Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking European prices and the cheapest I found is Luxembourg pre Tax (cost) €31,652 inc tax €37,033. So €31,652 plus 20% tax €37,982 That converted to sterling at current rate works out at £27496.16 for the UK. Now when I do all the calculation's for my country VAT/VRT using the €31,652 as cost I come up with a figure of €48,462 starting price and not the €51,600 Ford Ireland are looking for????????????? I suppose I'm asking the question where does the extra money go/ Profit?? Just might be a dealer on here that might know the answer.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Just checking European prices and the cheapest I found is Luxembourg pre Tax (cost) €31,652 inc tax €37,033. So €31,652 plus 20% tax €37,982 That converted to sterling at current rate works out at £27496.16 for the UK. Now when I do all the calculation's for my country VAT/VRT using the €31,652 as cost I come up with a figure of €48,462 starting price and not the €51,600 Ford Ireland are looking for????????????? I suppose I'm asking the question where does the extra money go/ Profit?? Just might be a dealer on here that might know the answer.
Its called market Pricing.

Someone has decided what the car will sell for and set that price.

Try doing it for similar cars from other makes and see how that compares, I suspect that it is the same across all makes.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Could be worse, in Norway, a fully loaded NB comes out at 788840 Norwegian Krone or £61,901 or 85,490 euros!! :cry:
Don't forget countries such as Norway and Denmark levvy massive tax on certain products, cars being the main, and then beer, so unfair......!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its called market Pricing.

Someone has decided what the car will sell for and set that price.

Try doing it for similar cars from other makes and see how that compares, I suspect that it is the same across all makes.
Tried it with the golf R Germany €39000 RS Focus €39000 Ireland Golf R €43000 Focus RS €51600

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Tried it with the golf R Germany €39000 RS Focus €39000 Ireland Golf R €43000 Focus RS €51600
Wow, that is mad & very annoying! :nope:

Would / could you buy a uk car & import or is not as simple as that / possible or still work out expensive?

I suppose then you'd have issues with the speedo in mph instead of kmh ........... hmm, maybe not a good idea! :facepalm:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that is mad & very annoying! :nope:

Would / could you buy a uk car & import or is not as simple as that / possible or still work out expensive?

I suppose then you'd have issues with the speedo in mph instead of kmh ........... hmm, maybe not a good idea! :facepalm:
No problem with MPH vs KPH biggest prob atm is the price of Sterling. Was in Derry (25 miles from me) yesterday priced what I want and cause of the sterling was gonna work out even more expensive. Doubt am gonna have to bite the bullet :lmao: :lol:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@M4RTY was going to say just come up to Belfast surprised it was going to cost more are you including VRT?
Ordered today total price €55,660 :surprise: Buck it only live once and as for me only buying new car once and this is it :nice: VRT is the killer and illegal but our wink of a govt don't give a hoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.