Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, when I de throttle on normal driving, just driving normally up through the gears, boost normal, not much maby half throttle, then change gear you get the normal
Chatter sound from the wastegate, followed by a slow release of air sound like a whistle. Sounds like a boost leak or vaccune leaks but only when boost has escaped from
The air box which is normal. It's an extra sound that happenes only of waste gate has stalled. Is it Normal or is it a boost leak/DV issue? Help guys it's really annoying

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
It's not a case of a failure. Just a weak point when modding starts

A lot of people use. Mountune or forge items

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had same noise with mine, changed standard valve to a AS recirc valve one and noise stopped

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Theres no point putting a ford one back in it because it wont cure it, but them re-circs only come with the turbo

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
As above, when I de throttle on normal driving, just driving normally up through the gears, boost normal, not much maby half throttle, then change gear you get the normal
Chatter sound from the wastegate, followed by a slow release of air sound like a whistle. Sounds like a boost leak or vaccune leaks but only when boost has escaped from
The air box which is normal. It's an extra sound that happenes only of waste gate has stalled. Is it Normal or is it a boost leak/DV issue? Help guys it's really annoying
This noise is totally normal, my car did it from new, I quite liked the noise but I think I'm in a minority :grin:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine seems to do it as loading up the throttle and then when off seems louder now I've fitted xtreme filter I'm sure u can hear it out of that now !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks All. Will order up a AS one or mountune one. Both same money so will go from there. Do any of you just put up with it and leave it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've changed mine recently, BY MYSELF!!! I'm not mechanically minded at all and took me about an hour so I was quite proud of myself. I quite liked the whistle but the car just sound better without it.

Sorry to hijack this post but since installing my turbo smart dual port valve my car pops so much more, even on low speed and low throttle, anybody else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
I've still got a standard recirc valve on my :rs: , the whistle doesn't bother me, it's a happy whistle I think! :whistle: :laughing: :facepalm: A happy :rs: , what more could you want?! :smile: :nice:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Jason, it's because it has the uprated airbox on but I didn't change the recirc valve because I liked the whistle. Just change it for an uprated one and the whistle will be gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts