Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
As Show Season comes to an end very soon, I feel it would be fitting to organise a final hurrah meet before the inclement weather arrives along with the dark evenings to quell our spirits. The meeting point is The Serpentine Shopping Centre, Hampton PE7 8BE. It has the benefit of a large unlimited stay car park, varied food and beverage facilities and a Toby Carvery nearby for those who may fancy a Sunday lunch / dinner. I suggest meeting for noon which will obviate the need for those travelling some distance getting up too early! When turning into the Shopping complex turn right at the first roundabout and continue right into the car park. We are usually lucky enough to find a more than adequate area to assemble the cars together. Hopefully we can attract a few new faces to this event and possibly surpass our previous turnout numbers. It would be a great way to round off the year. Please support us if you can - it would be really good to see you there!

@Gareth350
@RS Tina - please see if you can interest our Essex friends

@Lisa FRS - I'll leave it to you to encourage the Central members
@Grey - hope you can make it despite it being a hectic month for you!

@brooker - you've previously shown an interest in this venue
@renny - ditto

@Steve mr375
@GreenRob
@cambsrs
@DOA Draven
@Ljohnson10
@TimW
@wrighty
@wazzie
@ianR
@RSady

Please post below if you are intending to come along.

PROBABLES

@DarkHorse

@Grey

@Lisa FRS

@Gareth350

@DOA Draven

@dvl1

@RSady

@Steve mr375

@Jon Shepherd

@GreenRob

@Rich

@richrsf

POSSIBLES

@Dave276

@wazzie

@Ljohnson10

@Zacky2Wacky

@rupert

@Ben-RS

@cambsrs

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
@DarkHorse

Richard,
I am a maybe, as I may well have to go to cologne on 12th Oct., possibly earlier.

I should know better within a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come along guys and gals - there's a real danger of :hijack: here :excl: Let's keep it firmly focused on engendering support for the event. :wink: :smile:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yep.

[is that on topic enough? I did try to keep my response short and sweet. After all we would not like this thread to go off topic and ramble on, who wants to read through all the friendly jovial banter to dig out the relevant information that one is seeking. I know I would not want to. But having said that, it is all too easy to go off subject and not remained focused. This I of course blame on the established educational facilities in not teaching students on how to concentrate and remain precise in their responses. This is reflected in any board meetings you many have attended recently, do they ever remain focused? Or does some one start going on about their holiday experiences? So the one hour meeting runs into 3 hours and nothing is resolved. And have I had to sit out more than one such meeting :) But from another view point is preventing such jovial banter, a restriction of freedom of expression? Now there is a minefield of debate. However that is for another day perhaps as we are to keep on subject are we not, and I may have wandered off a little :wink: ]

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep.

[is that on topic enough? I did try to keep my response short and sweet. After all we would not like this thread to go off topic and ramble on, who wants to read through all the friendly jovial banter to dig out the relevant information that one is seeking. I know I would not want to. But having said that, it is all too easy to go off subject and not remained focused. This I of course blame on the established educational facilities in not teaching students on how to concentrate and remain precise in their responses. This is reflected in any board meetings you many have attended recently, do they ever remain focused? Or does some one start going on about their holiday experiences? So the one hour meeting runs into 3 hours and nothing is resolved. And have I had to sit out more than one such meeting :) But from another view point is preventing such jovial banter, a restriction of freedom of expression? Now there is a minefield of debate. However that is for another day perhaps as we are to keep on subject are we not, and I may have wandered off a little :wink: ]
So do I take it you're a definite Jon? :yep: or :nope:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yep.

You wanna come to one of my director meetings ha ha be totally boring if we didn't have banta :0)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts