Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Evening all,

I had MP350 done last Friday at Jacksons and all has been well until starting car this morning. My EML is illuminated. One of the techies at work put it on IDS and it's saying Cat efficiency.

The car is,

MP350

+

Mountune X4 Induction Kit
3 Inch Miltek/ Mountune Downpipe
200 Cell Miltek/ Mountune Sports Cat
UK spec Mountune Exhaust
Mountune Plenum
Mountune Recirc Valve

(All brand new bits fitted 3000 miles or less ago)

I've been driving normally all week commuting, will a spirited drive getting the cat nice and hot help things out or is the car just getting used to the new upgrade?

Anyone experienced similar things?

Thanks

Owen

·
Registered
958 Posts
Given that the MP350 map isn't tuned for a 200 cell cat or 3in downpipe, perhaps that's the problem?

I was always under the impression that changing the full exhaust without a map that's tuned for it will generally throw up issues.

Of course I could be wrong in this instance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given that the MP350 map isn't tuned for a 200 cell cat or 3in downpipe, perhaps that's the problem?

I was always under the impression that changing the full exhaust without a map that's tuned for it will generally throw up issues.

Of course I could be wrong in this instance.
Very true, maybe I'll have to go 375 sooner than I thought. I'll give Mountune a call on Monday to see what they say.

Thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
mine throws the EML light on occasionally with the sports cat but only if iv been doing short journeys or normal driving, if you go on a good run and get it running at its warmest it should clean the cat out and hopefully turn your light off. that was the solution with mine. the other option is to reset the fault code and see what happens

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help chaps.

I'll get it on a ramp tomorrow and check it out. The car seems to be running perfectly, just one of those niggles.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
My mp350 put light on when I got a miltek 200 cell sports cat, changed it for a mongoose 200 cell cat and still did it, I upgraded to MR 375 and no more light :).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get you're wallet out

£100 for the calibration
Thanks for the help and advice chaps.

That's not too bad at all. I've emailed Doug asking for a quote and asking when can they do it. I'm in Worcestershire so it's a few hours at least but it'll be worth it to get the car running spot on.

Is it definitely done via OBD port? Do they still have to open the ECU because that's why I decided to go from the MP350 to start with.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
I seem to remember a few years ago someone had an issue with the EML light coming on after getting MP350 installed and it turned out that Mountune had forgotten to plug the downpipe sensor back in, could be worth a look.

Edit: After reading your post again it's seems that you had the downpipe already fitted so can't see that being the problem. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Thanks for the help and advice chaps.

That's not too bad at all. I've emailed Doug asking for a quote and asking when can they do it. I'm in Worcestershire so it's a few hours at least but it'll be worth it to get the car running spot on.

Is it definitely done via OBD port? Do they still have to open the ECU because that's why I decided to go from the MP350 to start with.
Yes, mate. If you get it done at Mountune HQ, I've had it confirmed in writing that they upload the map via the OBD port, no need to open the ECU :thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
**Update**

Well after chatting with Mountune over the last few days, they've managed to squeeze me in on my next day off, so I'm off down to see them on Thursday for the new map to be uploaded and that'll iron out my EML being on!! It'll be an early start but I'm sure it'll be worth the drive down.

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
**Update**

Well after chatting with Mountune over the last few days, they've managed to squeeze me in on my next day off, so I'm off down to see them on Thursday for the new map to be uploaded and that'll iron out my EML being on!! It'll be an early start but I'm sure it'll be worth the drive down.
Oh your gona enjoy you're drive home

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.