Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys as above just to give you background on my car as it's had a few things done lately.

Recently fitted a full 3" turbo back system over a month ago with mounting recirc valve and within the last week fitted an anembo. Eml has came on. Just wondering if it could be the sports car I have on or something to do with fitting the anembo. I haven't got it mapped yet as I was waiting till I fit my intercooler

Just wish seeing what people's thoughts are

Carl

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
99% likely to be the Sports Cat.

My KMS 200 cell used to throw the light.

Plug a code reader in to make sure

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers yarde. Will this be a normal thing once it is mapped will this happen all the time do you think or will be it be mapped out. Hoping to get injectors then map.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
With engine management lights it could be anything, its easy to second guess things but best get it plugged into a diagnostic machine that way you know 100% what the fault is

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very certain it's all your mods, the ECU is very sensitive to air control & sensor inputs. You can put up with it and pull fuse 26 or you'll need to get it chipped. The ECU is most likely in what they call limp mode at the moment, where it thinks there is a problem with the engine because there's been a change in the air flow (due to mods). You'll know your in limp mode when the engine light is on and boost is only 1/4 what it should be. As your mods increase you will need to get your car tuned so the ecu no longer thinks there's a problem with the air flow. I recommend Collins, but there are many other great tuners out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply guys I have ordered a reader so will check it soon as. I will be going for the Collins 400 map. Just need to find somewhere fairly local that does collins

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can get the collins flash tune from track focus direct if you don't have a dealer in your area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts