Focus RS Forum banner

ECU or module?! NOW FIXED!

6K views 64 replies 16 participants last post by  RSROG008 
#1 ·
Hi all, had my rs a few years now, when I first got it I had the issue of the traction control light/abs and engine light illumating, along with mileage etc disappearing. Sorted this by replacing the cables, mine needed cutting into the original loom. Recently I've now been suffering with the same problem. I thought it must be the cables again, so I've got some plugs from a breakers, wired them in and replaced again with new cables. I've checked the plugs etc with a multimeter and all seems well. However I still have all the lights illuminated and no mileage etc. The only difference this time is the handbrake light is illuminated aswell. My friend did some diagnostic work on it and showed me there is no signal coming from the speed sensors on the front wheels, shows the rears changing but not the fronts as you move along. Hope that makes sense. I'm worried this is a bigger issue than just the cables and just looking for advice on what else I can check and look for?

#48 ·
Garage said to me they have checked this, and I can see it has been taken out from under the glove box, got the car going to a proper auto electrician so happen they can dive into this better than the garage, don't suppose you have a wiring diagram you could send me?

#50 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you do decide or think you have an ECU issue then search for your local bosch approved garage and they will send your ECU off for diagnostic / repair… i myself had issues with the car shutting down and power steering faults, engine malfunction and the dash flickering etc … I’m not very good a posting a link but I did post a thread called ”electrical help needed “ if you want do do some research and see if it sounds a similar issue ?

#55 ·
Took the car to an auto electrician today, car was there no longer than 8 hours and they pin pointed the fault. Picking back up today but turned out to be some faulty wiring and a wheel speed sensor (said previous garage fitted incorrect ones) God knows what the previous garage did as they previously checked this and changed the wheel speed sensors. I'm just happy it's now sorted and I can enjoy the car again! Just avoid ncg performance/king Sutton garage like the plague! And big up Bicester auto electrics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.