Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

Premium Member
RS mk2 MR375
Who cloned the old ECU onto the second hand one? I have had ECU problems twice before, each time the symptoms were different but I am lucky to live only a couple of miles from DreamScience, so they just clone me up a new one each time..... Its not an easy process though and it can go wrong.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Who cloned the old ECU onto the second hand one? I have had ECU problems twice before, each time the symptoms were different but I am lucky to live only a couple of miles from DreamScience, so they just clone me up a new one each time..... Its not an easy process though and it can go wrong.
Company near me called angel tuning, guy is a good friend aswell and is very experienced in what he does so I have faith in his ability

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I know it may sound stupid but have you checked that all plugs are securely in GEM ,fuse box in passenger footwell
Yeah, all been checked, taking the car from the current garage and seeking an auto electrician now as I firmly believe there must be a wiring issue somewhere and the other garage just doesn't have the ability or experience to find it

Premium Member
Have you removed the GEM from car and carefully checked it for any corrosion on contacts etc , as said before this sounds like a CAN issue and looking at wiring diagrams this is controlled through GEM

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Have you removed the GEM from car and carefully checked it for any corrosion on contacts etc , as said before this sounds like a CAN issue and looking at wiring diagrams this is controlled through GEM
Garage said to me they have checked this, and I can see it has been taken out from under the glove box, got the car going to a proper auto electrician so happen they can dive into this better than the garage, don't suppose you have a wiring diagram you could send me?

Premium Member
Garage said to me they have checked this, and I can see it has been taken out from under the glove box, got the car going to a proper auto electrician so happen they can dive into this better than the garage, don't suppose you have a wiring diagram you could send me?
[/Q

Wiring diagram ,look at sheet 82

Attachments

Registered
If you do decide or think you have an ECU issue then search for your local bosch approved garage and they will send your ECU off for diagnostic / repair鈥 i myself had issues with the car shutting down and power steering faults, engine malfunction and the dash flickering etc 鈥 I鈥檓 not very good a posting a link but I did post a thread called 鈥漞lectrical help needed 鈥 if you want do do some research and see if it sounds a similar issue ?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If you do decide or think you have an ECU issue then search for your local bosch approved garage and they will send your ECU off for diagnostic / repair鈥 i myself had issues with the car shutting down and power steering faults, engine malfunction and the dash flickering etc 鈥 I鈥檓 not very good a posting a link but I did post a thread called 鈥漞lectrical help needed 鈥 if you want do do some research and see if it sounds a similar issue ?

Already tried changing the ECU and that made no difference! But thanks for the tip! Car is booked into an auto electrician on Tuesday

Registered
I tried an auto electrician with mine and they couldn鈥檛 find any faults鈥 I had trouble with a faulty earth under the fuse a year before that, played havoc with an intermittent start issue鈥. Hope you get sorted.

Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
Yeah exactly like yours! Stop them before they waste your money and time taking your clocks out as that is a dash out job! o_O
I would get it dropped off to Fred at FJRS if I were you and tell him it's suspected ECU failure and they will take you through the process once they have had time to carry out diagnostics and quote you to repair! :) (y)
You can remove the clocks without removing the dashboard. It does not even take 5 minutes!

Premium Member
You can remove the clocks without removing the dashboard. It does not even take 5 minutes!
Yes but back in the early days of MR375 ECU failures people were having their dashes dropped down and forward to check all the wiring for gremlins but it was all a wasted effort as it was the ECU that had failed due to water ingress. Trust me I know when they damaged one of my fixing points on the drivers side! :cautious:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Took the car to an auto electrician today, car was there no longer than 8 hours and they pin pointed the fault. Picking back up today but turned out to be some faulty wiring and a wheel speed sensor (said previous garage fitted incorrect ones) God knows what the previous garage did as they previously checked this and changed the wheel speed sensors. I'm just happy it's now sorted and I can enjoy the car again! Just avoid ncg performance/king Sutton garage like the plague! And big up Bicester auto electrics!

Registered
Took the car to an auto electrician today, car was there no longer than 8 hours and they pin pointed the fault. Picking back up today but turned out to be some faulty wiring and a wheel speed sensor (said previous garage fitted incorrect ones) God knows what the previous garage did as they previously checked this and changed the wheel speed sensors. I'm just happy it's now sorted and I can enjoy the car again! Just avoid ncg performance/king Sutton garage like the plague! And big up Bicester auto electrics!
(y)Thats brilliant news! Good to hear you finally got to the bottom of it.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts