Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the above has anyone tried the £30 recirculation valves available from eBay. If not, I'm thinking Custard?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks easy enough to fit? I've rebuilt An XR3i and XR2I so I'm guessing I should be OK? Think I'll order a custard and a custard filter box.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Wasn't there some issues with the seals perishing on the ebay ones?

How much is the Mountune one? Run an AS one on mine, was under 100 quid and not had issues.

Its not a massively expensive mod to go with a known brand so not worth going cheap on imo

·
Registered
608 Posts
I paid £115 for mine if memory serves. Has a great chatter on lifting off. Much better than the oem flimsy part.

I would tend to avoid eBay parts personally. Not had many good experiences in the past. It would always be in the back of my mind I've bolted a cheap part to my £20k motor.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks easy enough to fit? I've rebuilt An XR3i and XR2I so I'm guessing I should be OK? Think I'll order a custard and a custard filter box.
i have a mountune airbox in the classifieds

also recirc valves, i have used both the forge and the turbosmart dual port 50/50 recirc/dump valve, the turbosmart wins hands down, sounds epic

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got an e-bay one and I've not had any problems however I did take it apart just to check the seal and there was a little tear but I'm not sure if that's from being overtightened when I installed it or from opening it up..
I got the seal replacement kit four a couple of £'s and its been fine since.

@RS-kermit don't happen to have a sound clip of the TurboSmart 50/50 on your car do you?? :eek:riginal:

·
Administrator
49,107 Posts
I've had the £30 ebay jobbie for 18 months now without any problem . However , when I changed the spring I also had to replace the top seal because it didn't seem to want to reseal when screwing the top back on , but it's only an O-ring costing a few pence .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
UNLESS you have a dual port, gives off a massive hiss even with an enclosed airbox.

Ive got it with my Group A now and the sound is even more epic, you get the loud chatter AND the hiss

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.