Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Wonder if it was an M5 rather than just a 5 series.... can imagine it doesn't take too much to get to those sorts of speeds.

Doesn't take very long for an RS to be doing 140mph+....

·
Registered
545 Posts
He was lucky to get off with just a 15 month ban I think.

Those speeds are easy done now in the cars that are going about today. Yes we think it's dangerous but they are designed to reach these speeds.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I hate the way our country seems to have a hard on about speeding, we should adopt German style autobhans. That way you can remain legal and give the car a good blast. Whilst driving in Germany the way they drive is something else. No idiot's sat in the fast lane doing 60, you move over or get flashed by something bigger. They also don't seem to have to many issues with de-restricted speed limits, in fact there was always other slower moving traffic about you deal with it accordingly.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There are speed limits, that is the law, you break them you pay. No matter what the limit is, 60-70-80 people will always want to go faster. Unlimited speeds is fine on decent motorways perhaps, though UK motorways are not up to such standards, and always a lot of traffic about, with idiots in it, who cannot indicate, use lanes correctly, use mirrors, even at 50 mph.

More controversial - I ask why are cars not limited? Why do you need a Focus that can do 160mph? [odd question I know as I have one :nice: but suspect that day will come]

·
Registered
471 Posts
All them people say over 100 is auto ban. Well it's not I got done for well over 100mph and got some points and a little fine 👮🏻😇

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
What a prat! :blink: :facepalm: He did it at night too, so forward visibility would have been restricted; anything in his path at that speed and he would have been powerless to react... :cry:

I agree with @DOA Draven on this one, the UK's roads not to mention the vast majority of UK drivers are just not up to scratch and could not support higher speed limits. Some people can barely drive at 30mph, let alone 130mph... :facepalm: The road network would need significant injections of cash to get it to the autobahn standards, plus you need plenty of space with gentle curves; what is a 'curve' at 70mph becomes a 'corner' at much higher speeds. As it stands at the moment, de-restricted roads would be bloodbaths! :whistle: :nope: Driving standards need to be significantly improved before anything else happens imo. :nice: This country just doesn't get it; lowering speed limits and putting up more signs just doesn't cut it! :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I bet everyone in here has been over 70mph is their RS in the UK... might not be 150mph but still breaking the law :busted: :bobby:
If Ill try to do 70mph after 7am on M1 (motorway , not my car ) I would the slowest moving vehicle under 3.5 tones, Getting constantly flashed, undertaken with anger etc etc :facepalm: so no, I never :whistle: :lol:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
I hate the way our country seems to have a hard on about speeding, we should adopt German style autobhans. That way you can remain legal and give the car a good blast. Whilst driving in Germany the way they drive is something else. No idiot's sat in the fast lane doing 60, you move over or get flashed by something bigger. They also don't seem to have to many issues with de-restricted speed limits, in fact there was always other slower moving traffic about you deal with it accordingly.
The Germans have had on the spot fines for lane hogging since before I lived there in 1984.
A colleague of mine got pulled and fined, hence how I know.

And I heard recently that the first section of average speed limit cameras is shortly to be installed in a German autobahn, can't recall what section though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.