Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told from a neighbor that some one was hanging about at the back of my car at half 6 this morning. The car is fairly dirty just now and they have write KKK on my back window. Not sure what to make if this. Were they looking to steal it, I did forget to put my disklok on :facepalm: or someone doing it for a joke. Not a very funny one was as that could quite easily lead to my car getting done in.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not to scare you but I've noticed there are certain markings burglars put on buildings to say whether or not the house is easy, valuables inside, elderly people etc etc. Just make sure your car is locked up properly with disklok etc and remember to lock all doors and windows whenever you go out and to sleep

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was wearing a baseball cap which I find a bit suspicious as its still dark at that time.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Probably somebody mucking about, I wouldn't worry about it. Just remember to put your disclok on, it takes 5 seconds...

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Not to scare you but I've noticed there are certain markings burglars put on buildings to say whether or not the house is easy, valuables inside, elderly people etc etc. Just make sure your car is locked up properly with disklok etc and remember to lock all doors and windows whenever you go out and to sleep
And lock doors when you are in, a neighbour of mine had an RS3 Audi stolen at 3pm in the afternoon, all because the front door (UPVC) was not locked properly

they gone in whilst the wife was upstairs with the baby, took the keys & the car, this was a couple of years ago now, but the same precautions still prevail.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
It wouldn't bother me if this was during the day but at the time in the morning I'd be concerned. I'd tell the police anyway- can't do any harm.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I doubt that would happen.

Conversation would go:

"Can you send SOCO round to dust my car for prints, somone's wrote something on it in the dirt in the early hours of the morning?"

"Ummmm, no"
Yeah after dealing with the police when my mums car kept getting keyed by my aunt(dont ask long story) we got them round and they will only do anything if you have physical evidence of the person who did it. They wont bother checking prints for someone so small as someone was standing round my car so yeah your right lol .

We had to set up a camera and managed to catch her doing it only they did they take any action. Might be worth getting some security cameras up much cheaper nowadays.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
What does KKK mean? Ku Klux Klan?!?

Keep your eyes and ears open, hope all is ok. Write a little message back in case he returns ... "Smile, rifle pointed at your head"

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What does KKK mean? Ku Klux Klan?!?

Keep your eyes and ears open, hope all is ok. Write a little message back in case he returns ... "Smile, rifle pointed at your head"
I'm guess that's what it meant. There is a black family in my street and I don't get along with the son, he's broke into our burger van before and tried to mug a family member of mine so he probably won't think twice about damaging my car had he seen that.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I'm guess that's what it meant. There is a black family in my street and I don't get along with the son, he's broke into our burger van before and tried to mug a family member of mine so he probably won't think twice about damaging my car had he seen that.
Think he should look up what they are all about - he sounds confused to me.

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.