Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my mint PB frs couple months ago now due to job situation,now I'm back in employment and find myself looking for another car and im undecided whether to get a usable frs this time ie 10-30k miles as last one had 2700 miles and was frightened to use it !!! OR do I wait for mk3 and put deposit down this weekend! !! Lot thinking to do I think if right mk2 came up at right price I would go down that road again even for a year till see what new one is like ,trouble is I think mk2 prices will undoubtedly drop somewhat (heard 59 plate 30k miles ford were offering 16K for it for march 16) decisions decisions :)

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Do you miss or regret selling the RS? If the answer is yes, buy another one! ;) A tough one, but good to hear the job situation is all sorted at any rate! :)

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
I'm sure many will be in a similar position.

While not overly interested in a Mk3 to begin with, it has grown on me and I am liking the blue. I have started thinking about selling mine. But at £29k new, who is gonna pay the summer prices that low mileage Mk2s were commanding.

£5k to trade up would be so look tempting. But spec it up and combined with a mk2 price correction, probably puts it nearer £10k.

Are you gonna use it over winter? If not, rink is be going the mk3 route.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
There are lots of happy people driving around in MK1's regardless of fluctuating values, no harm in being one of the eternal MK2 crew :eek:riginal:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sometimes you go back to something thinking its what you want and when you do its not the same, personally id go for a mk3 if funds were there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The mk2 will drop but not much, and good examples will hold value and start creeping up again - depends wat you prefer, im buying a mk2 then seeing how the mk3 is after 2-3 years afters its release when we know the common faults better and know what the tuning options/performance is like

1 - 11 of 11 Posts