Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
MK3 RS Frozen White
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats the chances that this 1:1 RS replica including the engine, running gear, ecu and the AWD system has been done with legit parts, i mean the 2.3 engines alone run for a decent amount. Even drift mode and everything is working on it. Its a 1:1 replica. My question is, he claims the base shell is a 1.0 zetec.. Isnt the chassis on our RS's different to accommodate the exhaust and drivetrain, i know for sure the routing on the exhaust is different?

Is this even possible on a basic model to retro fit the RS drivetrain etc (iv put pictures below)... Is this another VIN swapped genuine RS?? Its defo got the AWD system etc you can see it on one of the pictures. Could have been modified for it to fit. Still had alot done to it regardless... to buy most of this stuff would have cost a serious amount of money. Has to be swapped over for a stolen RS id assume....

Either way though id post it and get your opinions, very intresting.

UNDER RS:-
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

UNDER ST (NORMAL FOCUS ROUTING)-
White Hood Motor vehicle Light Blue

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
floor pan is different between the 2 cars?

plus there are a few touches on the car that you wouldnt normally do from a breakers (steering wheel/intake/ARB)

sounds suspect to me

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,443 Posts
It is 100% stolen. The person selling it may have bought it without knowing it is stolen, probably realised after and now trying to cut his losses. The fact it was done by a "local breaker" and within the Coventry/Birmingham area sends alarm bells ringing at full pelt.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The shell is different - there are additional welds to the rear floorpan and the spare wheel well is filled in to allow space for the RDU.

No one in their right mind would do this - as it would cost significantly more than just buying an RS. As others have said this is very likely a stolen RS with the VIN swapped over.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
yep the boot floors totally diff on the rs with additional bracing/ strenthening for the diff, ive got a pic somewhere of my old one, ill post it up later if i can find it

·
Super Moderator
1,698 Posts
Would crimestoppers get involved investigating something like this or do they need solid proof of a crime?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
heres a pic of my old rs, it looks like ford actually chopped a different boot floor in, not the prettiest of jobs! along with the bracing, this would be the easiest way by far to tell if it was an rs shell as there no way it could be made to look factory like this
Azure Electric blue Rectangle Plastic Gas

·
Registered
120 Posts
heres a pic of my old rs, it looks like ford actually chopped a different boot floor in, not the prettiest of jobs! along with the bracing, this would be the easiest way by far to tell if it was an rs shell as there no way it could be made to look factory like this

That's what it looks like - never bothered to look on mine when i had it - i think that's what they called the 'lions claw ' basically a bracing strut to strengthen the rear end - plus the car runs a modified Volvo sub frame to allow for the AWD.
Interesting
View attachment 853351

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
Whats the chances that this 1:1 RS replica including the engine, running gear, ecu and the AWD system has been done with legit parts, i mean the 2.3 engines alone run for a decent amount. Even drift mode and everything is working on it. Its a 1:1 replica. My question is, he claims the base shell is a 1.0 zetec.. Isnt the chassis on our RS's different to accommodate the exhaust and drivetrain, i know for sure the routing on the exhaust is different?

UNDER RS:-
View attachment 853342

UNDER ST (NORMAL FOCUS ROUTING)-
View attachment 853343
As mentioned in other replies the main difference is the boot floor with additional bracing, I think you'll find the floor between the axles is the same, the fuel tank is replaced with a saddle tank which is why the exhaust is straight through in addition to the prop shaft whilst the ST exhaust kinks round one end of the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts