Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine came off at speed yesterday it smashed to bits , was my fault as I removed my splitter and didn't realise the importance of securing the front edge as the air gets in and at motorway speed the tray gets ripped off :-( expensive mistake on my part

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Lost a lot of my original screws but not the tray luckily. Replaced them with marine grade stainless screws/fixings and they have remained in tact ever since, over four years ago.

Lost a lot of my original screws but not the tray luckily. Replaced them with marine grade stainless screws/fixings and they have remained in tact ever since, over four years ago.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mine flew off a couple of weeks ago, i suppose i was a tad lucky as although the front fixings gave way the side extensions actually seperated from the main undertray. I lost the front extension but have reused the side extensions and bought a pattern undertray from ebay (not as thick/rigid as the ford part) and have drilled and secured it to the bottom lip of the bumper (Where you would normally screw to fit a splitter.) Tbh if you dont have the side extensions at the very least theres no way of securing it. £100+ for a few smallish bits of plastic is hard to swallow but they are a requirement.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fair enough, I will be on the phone to ford soon as possible, I have ordered the number plate screws but I need the part No. for the metal bracket things I think they were in Daryls post but couldn't work out if the packet was them or not. I think it's 1429889 if someone can correct me? it's the bracket that is in the middle behind the grill.

cheers guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.