Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above I need a new front under tray but do you really need the extensions?

thanks!

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
Go to

Technical section
Exterior trim section
Sticky post undertray came off while driving

I have posted all the bits you need and also on that thread is the part numbers for the extensions

·
Registered
709 Posts
ive cut the 3 front screws that secure the undertray on.

No problems as of yet. Also as an added bonus this prevents me fitting my splitter again

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine came off at speed yesterday it smashed to bits , was my fault as I removed my splitter and didn't realise the importance of securing the front edge as the air gets in and at motorway speed the tray gets ripped off :-( expensive mistake on my part

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mine was in for a service the other week and luckily the mechanic noticed I had a good few of the screws missing! No idea how that happened or how it stayed on for so long! Got lucky.

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
Lost a lot of my original screws but not the tray luckily. Replaced them with marine grade stainless screws/fixings and they have remained in tact ever since, over four years ago.

Lost a lot of my original screws but not the tray luckily. Replaced them with marine grade stainless screws/fixings and they have remained in tact ever since, over four years ago.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply guys but going back to my original question do you really need the extensions?

cheers

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Mine flew off a couple of weeks ago, i suppose i was a tad lucky as although the front fixings gave way the side extensions actually seperated from the main undertray. I lost the front extension but have reused the side extensions and bought a pattern undertray from ebay (not as thick/rigid as the ford part) and have drilled and secured it to the bottom lip of the bumper (Where you would normally screw to fit a splitter.) Tbh if you dont have the side extensions at the very least theres no way of securing it. £100+ for a few smallish bits of plastic is hard to swallow but they are a requirement.

·
Registered
977 Posts
As Daryl said. Yes you do otherwise the front wind deflector will not be attached properly and will flap about. My question tho is why would you not want them? No offence.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fair enough, I will be on the phone to ford soon as possible, I have ordered the number plate screws but I need the part No. for the metal bracket things I think they were in Daryls post but couldn't work out if the packet was them or not. I think it's 1429889 if someone can correct me? it's the bracket that is in the middle behind the grill.

cheers guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts