1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Azure Automotive tire Glove Bicycle tire Revolver

Automotive tire Blue Liquid Fluid Water

Fluid Automotive tire Finger Gas Electric blue
Are these healthy looking plugs. I’ve only had the car a month or so and the main dealer was supposed to have serviced. Is that carbon build up normal? I’ve taken them out and gone for one step colder as the dealer wasn’t aware it had the fpm375 map on the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The carbon around the bottom of the thread look good to you.

I had a rough idle every now and then. A few people recommended a colder plug and gapped correctly, thought I’d give it a go see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was more concerned at the carbon build up at the bottom

The carbon build up there, isn't excessive and quite normal. If it was on the white area surrounding the central electrode, I would be more concerned. If the plug gap hasn't grown, I'd continue to use those plugs, you could always clean up the carbon with a wire brush, but it isn't necessary and will only comeback.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The carbon build up there, isn't excessive and quite normal. If it was on the white area surrounding the central electrode, I would be more concerned. If the plug gap hasn't grown, I'd continue to use those plugs, you could always clean up the carbon with a wire brush, but it isn't necessary and will only comeback.
Nice one. Thank you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They look fine to me depending on when you removed plugs can alter the colour around tip if they were removed shortly after start up that would account for blackness around tip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts