Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a deposit are people being asked to put down?. I've just been told by one of the 3 ford stores in Scotland it's a minimum of £1000 and its non refundable. I was never even asked for a deposit when I ordered my Mk1 or Mk2. I don't mind putting a little down but not a £1000 that's non refundable on the car when it's not available till next year.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have had deposits down at two dealers, I changed dealers to get lower on a pre-order list. I put down £500 first time, the second dealer asked me for a £1000 but i told him Id only put down £500 max which he accepted. This was in July though when there wasnt many people putting down deposits. As far as i know its no longer refundable as soon as the Full order is submitted to ford in October.

Whatever you do pay by CREDIT CARD

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£500 refundable for me
That was more like the figure I had in mind but with only 3 ford stores for the whole of Scotland it doesn't give you much choice it would seem its either a take it or leave it attitude.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Put a 1k non refundable deposit down today which the Mrs wasn't happy about. Can't see the car being **** though. Regarding pcp my dealership reckons it will be similar to the mustang

·
Registered
511 Posts
Which dealer in Scotland wants a non-refundable £1000. Also, if you order and there is good demand can you not just sell your slot to someone else?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Putting 1k deposit down tomorrow which have been told is refundable all the time. To car being ready if something happens where I don't want it and having it in writing

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
£1000 non-refundable before the prices were out !! Doesn't really matter as was always going to get one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I dont see the point of putting a deposit down when its refundable... surely the deposit is to secure your contract on buying the car.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
you got too much money lad :rofl:
I wish :cry:

I had an ST-3 on order with every option and the dealer wanted a 2.5k deposit before they would place the factory order which i didn't have a problem with as i wanted the car, then when the prices were released for the rs i changed the order and they just transferred the deposit from the st order :nice:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Which dealer in Scotland wants a non-refundable £1000. Also, if you order and there is good demand can you not just sell your slot to someone else?

Evans Halshaw Glasgow. Would not be looking to sell my slot but not all the info is available to me i.e finance etc and only a forcasted trade in figure so why should it have to be a non-refundable deposit.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.