Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
When I order the RS next week I was thinking of leaving a deposit for any "special" model that may or may not be produced at the end of the normal run.

Did anybody do that for the Mk2 RS500?

I don't know what the ordering process was for the Mk2 version so maybe I'm way off and you have to be "deemed worthy" :D

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Also with the RS500 you can put your name down and a deposit but wont mean ul get one. I know someone who declared interest on the mk2 even put a deposit dwn. He didn't get it due to top boys at ford getting there hands on it.

He wasn't happy one bit as the ford guy was 4th person to put his name down at that dealer

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is nothing to put a deposit down for lol
It's a system that's commonplace amongs manufacturers where the demand for their next model outstrips supply, years before anything had been announced. It's called a Letter of Intent and usually involves a deposit.

Given the nature of their cars Ferrari, Lamborghini and the like use this system extensively

People collecting the latest Ferrari 488,for example, will already have an interest registered with Ferrari for whatever the replacement vehicle will be, which probably won't be announced for another 5 years.

Clearly Ford are much further down the food chain but the principle of reserving an unannounced vehicle is quite common elsewhere in the motor industry

From other replies it seems that Ford don't respect deposits for future vehicles though which is a shame

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Would the Rs500 not just be the mountune package from factory which is in development currently. Plus a few badges and one colour

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Not too bothered about the special edition, granted they hold their value extremely well, but I couldn't justify the likely additional cost. I have always operated a simple policy with Ford RS models:

Buy them new (very little point buying nearly new as they cost about the same and you don't get as good finance rates)

Run them until I'm bored - enjoy them totally, look after them well, use them for what they were built for

Sell before the next model comes out - (retaining a good % of Value and means I always have the latest version)

Doing this since the first MK1 FRS I have run RS Fords for years at very little cost and maximum enjoyment. I see no point in buying a limited edition to worry about every little mark or putting miles on the clock for investment purposes. If I wanted an investment, I certainly wouldn't be looking at cars to do it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts