Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello.

While changing my number plate this morning I noticed this nasty dent in the radiator - I presume this isn't meant to be there?

What could have caused it? Looks too big to me stone damage (it's also only done 200 miles)

Is it worth taking back to the dealer?

Thanks

Picture is badly rotated, it should be 90 degrees to the right

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Id take it back it dosent look as if it was caused by a stone, probably been there from the factory. Having said that i dont expect they will do anything about it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Taken a bash prior to fitting? Looks difficult to of done that in situ.....

Probably depends how good/generous your dealer is as to whether it gets replaced, definitely worth pursuing though.

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,072 Posts
We all learn from experience.

It wouldn't have occurred to me to inspect the underside of a new car until I found damage on my brand new ST back in 2006.

It's now something I'd do automatically.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Hard to see how that could have occurred during any normal driving situation with the grill in place, especially since the grill is undamaged!

Definitely worth querying at the garage. Interesting to hear what they actually say!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick update, finally got hold of dealer (he's allowed a holiday I guess!), car is booked in next week for them to take a look at - dealer confirmed over the phone that it would be covered under the warranty though which is nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts