Focus RS Forum banner

Decat or bcs sports cat

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  minder 
#1 ·
HI.
Just looking for a quick answer on this please, I have a full bcs exhaust system including a sports cat on my mk1 rs, ive been thinking about fitting a decat for a bit more noise and a few more cracks out of the back. Would it be worth the change or will there be little diffrence? Thanks paul.

#12 ·
I have a sports cat on my mk1 FRS and am happy with that. It is a blue flame one so exactly the same as BCS as Nige from blue flame went to BCS a few years ago now. If you are a number cruncher then you won't get as high gains as a decat will give you, from a sports cat and the sport cat is noisy but again not as loud as a decat. It's swings and roundabouts to be honest. I opted for the sport cat route as the area where I live do a lot of VOSA spot checks so didn't really want the hassle every time I drive to the gym. Now the mk1 is in storage though.

#15 ·
When speaking to demon pete when there the other week he suggested I go for a BCS sports cat as opposed to decat.

No MOT's over here to worry about but he said if you've got the car on trickle charge it'll run like **** for a while everytime you take it out for a drive with a decat as it'll have to relearn everything.

Remember Nige saying that the sports cat is so unrestrictive that there is no noticeable difference between it and their decat

#18 ·
I couldnt tell you mate, I haven't been under the car since I bought it, all I can say its bearable when driving it steady without any drone but once you give it some beef it barks out a lovley tone without been to chavvy. its a perfect balance really, a quality exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.