Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI.
Just looking for a quick answer on this please, I have a full bcs exhaust system including a sports cat on my mk1 rs, ive been thinking about fitting a decat for a bit more noise and a few more cracks out of the back. Would it be worth the change or will there be little diffrence? Thanks paul.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Can't say what the difference will be on the MK1 as I always ran a decat.

On the MK2 I went from Decat to BCS 100 cell cat and there was no difference, so therefore decided to stay legal.

If I were running a MK1 Now I would probably go sport cat.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
got mine booked in @ pro-speed exhaust next Saturday to have

a decat fitted every one i have spoke to say they are one of the

best mods you can fit to a mk 1 :rs: will let you know how it is when fitted

·
Registered
143 Posts
Standard cat vs decat is night and day... best bang for buck.

But decat vs a decent sportscat, not much difference. Car actually spools up a bit quicker with sports cat.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
my car runs loads better on decat compared to my 200cel sports cat

thats on revo , may be different with other tunes

with the thunderstorm and sportscat its quite boomy and bassy, but with the decat quite raspy, quite a difference sound wise between the 2

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a sports cat on my mk1 FRS and am happy with that. It is a blue flame one so exactly the same as BCS as Nige from blue flame went to BCS a few years ago now. If you are a number cruncher then you won't get as high gains as a decat will give you, from a sports cat and the sport cat is noisy but again not as loud as a decat. It's swings and roundabouts to be honest. I opted for the sport cat route as the area where I live do a lot of VOSA spot checks so didn't really want the hassle every time I drive to the gym. Now the mk1 is in storage though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When speaking to demon pete when there the other week he suggested I go for a BCS sports cat as opposed to decat.

No MOT's over here to worry about but he said if you've got the car on trickle charge it'll run like **** for a while everytime you take it out for a drive with a decat as it'll have to relearn everything.

Remember Nige saying that the sports cat is so unrestrictive that there is no noticeable difference between it and their decat

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've already got a bcs sports cat fitted on mine so thats music to my ears you telling me that. thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've already got a bcs sports cat fitted on mine so thats music to my ears you telling me that. thanks for letting me know.
Have you got the single or twin box system? Any videos so I can hear the noise? I'm worried that a sportscat might make it too quiet for me lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I couldnt tell you mate, I haven't been under the car since I bought it, all I can say its bearable when driving it steady without any drone but once you give it some beef it barks out a lovley tone without been to chavvy. its a perfect balance really, a quality exhaust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts