Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are some dealers more helpful than others, it was the same with buying cars from Vauxhall and Volkswagen. It seems that some don't want to sell or put themselves out to help with queries or questions.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You always get good and bad. My dealer for the RS has been flawless and everything is up to date. Keeping me in the loop so I know what's happening, also got all the correct emails we should have at this point.

The garage I got my first ford from 3years ago wasn't that good in my opinion. The car arrived damaged (granted it was used but the damage was big, something pictures didn't show) and had to wait a further week and a half after the already delayed collection date while they sorted the issue

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yup and agree my dealer has been spot on. Not so with my previous dealer though when my buying my ST. Let me down a couple of times and failed to keep me in the loop. They thought they had redeemed themselves by giving me a full tank of juice but even then on the day I had to remind him they were going to brim it so I drove him round to the filing station where he "kindly" filled it up. Will never use them again

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
It doesn't matter how big, how well known or if they sell a "premium" vehicles , it always worth asking people around for some unbiased reviews.
My current Ford dealer is spot on, always very helpful and very easy to deal with.
My current BMW dealer is awful, they lie to your face with a smile , hopefully would feature soon on a watchdog, simly the worst dealer I had a pleasure to deal with in my life. No other way of putting it unfortunately .

·
Registered
557 Posts
I bought my first RS from Quicks in Manchester, only good thing was they let me pay by Sky credit card, rest was :censored:. Went to collect car and it was dirty, had 30 miles on the clock and looked like someone had been for a spin in it.

After it was nicked 4 months later went to Greyhound Ford that are now Peoples and met my current dealer. I then bought 5 cars off him in 5 years and wouldn't think of ever going anywhere else when I need a Ford, the best part was the aftersales was as good as the sales.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Dealers make naff all off car sales. The money for them is all in the finance and after sales service/repair. Not that this should excuse poor service from the sales team - one feeds the other. But its down to the individual people.

My old man was a Ford main dealer..retired now...sell a new Fiesta...make £50 on a £12k sale. And in the South West where im from all their sales were Fiesta/Focus.

Same for the manufacturer. They make pennies on new cars. Money is all in the finance, and parts supply. And niche models like the RS worst of all..id expect Ford to make a loss on every car they sell.

I had one of the Racing Puma's and i remember it quoted that every £25k car cost Ford £35k to build (partly as they built a standard car, then shipped it off to Tickford and rebuilt it) but the marketing value was gold dust.

Hence no dozens of demos floating around to compound the losses. On top of which given they will sell every car they can make in first 6 months of 2016 where is there any added incentive?

Ford will however likely bend over backwards to supply cars to the press once they start becoming available. Its all about the marketing of the brand as a whole.

I went to see the black RS at SMC lunchtime. Was there a good 30 mins....and i didnt see so much as a whiff of a salesman..i dont know if i should class that as good or bad service!!! But i was happy. Looking good for a pre-production model.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ford lost big time on the mk.1 Focus RS but made a decent profit on the mk.2 Focus RS. They will make an even better profit on the mk.3 Focus RS, especially with it being a global product.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ford lost big time on the mk.1 Focus RS but made a decent profit on the mk.2 Focus RS. They will make an even better profit on the mk.3 Focus RS, especially with it being a global product.
possibly they will, market conditions are good...new car market is very healthy. Helps they have shared the dev cost on the engine by sticking it in the Mustang. Id guess the US market for the Mustang (saw the convertible at SMC - looked good) is actually bigger than the global for RS.

Any idea how many MkII RSs they sold across Europe? Id expect the 3 to sell a lot more with the US included and the interest the 4WD is generating...but its still a niche model

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
possibly they will, market conditions are good...new car market is very healthy. Helps they have shared the dev cost on the engine by sticking it in the Mustang. Id guess the US market for the Mustang (saw the convertible at SMC - looked good) is actually bigger than the global for RS.
Any idea how many MkII RSs they sold across Europe? Id expect the 3 to sell a lot more with the US included and the interest the 4WD is generating...but its still a niche model
Europe, Australia and few to Mexico

in total 11500

·
Registered
618 Posts
I went into Stoneacrce in York and mentioned buying an RS to one of the sales people, he wasn't interested in talking, he did look busy though.

The next day I went with the Wife to Leeds, chatted with the sales manager and placed an order for mine with Ian. They were genuinely helpful, I just hope that their aftercare service is as good, this is the are most dealers fail on.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts