Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Morning chaps,

Just a quick post to say i went to see my dealer yesterday as i was passing by and he showed me a new memo they had received.

Interesting points:

First evaluation production run starts November
Customer builds start in January
All Ford Stores will receive there demo car ahead of any customer orders
First customers delivered in good time for New registrations 1st March

Exciting times!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
All Ford Stores will receive there demo car ahead of any customer orders.

Considering customers have ordered and are in the process of ordering I see this statement as false

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
My dealer said they'll be allocated a demonstrator that they won't be allowed to sell. Each Ford Store is getting one so Ford will probably build them first and send them to the Ford Stores with a confirmed allocation for customers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
All Ford Stores will receive there demo car ahead of any customer orders.

Considering customers have ordered and are in the process of ordering I see this statement as false
I think he meant to say that the demo cars will be delivered to Ford dealers and available to drive, before customer cars are delivered.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
My dealer said they'll be allocated a demonstrator that they won't be allowed to sell. Each Ford Store is getting one so Ford will probably build them first and send them to the Ford Stores with a confirmed allocation for customers.
I really hope the sentence about, that they wouldn't be able to sell demo cars , would stand true when the demo Rs is delivered . Too many times Ive heard this talk and promises before from different car and moto dealers.

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
So 30 demos out there if they all get one - I've already emailed one of the nearest Ford Stores to me...no surprise nothing back in over a week, guess it will be a visit needed to get things going but in no rush as I'd be ordering for next Sept perfectly in the Q3 delivery once the initial mass is done all being well!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really hope the sentence about, that they wouldn't be able to sell demo cars , would stand true when the demo Rs is delivered . Too many times Ive heard this talk and promises before from different car and moto dealers.
It did also state that all demo cars had to be kept for a minimum of 6 months .....

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
It would make sense if they did a batch of demo / press cars in November and get them to dealers. Then in January start producing on mass for the first batch of March registrations .

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
It did also state that all demo cars had to be kept for a minimum of 6 months .....
By UK law I think they have to keep them 90days (Unless it's now 180days) - usually they are sold but needing to click over the date before the new owner takes possession

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm from Montreal, Canada and my dealer called me this morning to confirm that he just ordered a demo RS that he is going to sell to me as soon as it arrives. I put a 1 000$ deposit on the RS on the day the car got lunched in Germany in February and he knows I'm a serious buyer. He also said that not so many people inquired about the car and because I'm the only one who put down a deposit he is going to sell the demo car right off the trailer. He said he is going to get the car somewhere in February and besides this one he doesn't expect to sell too many here. He also said that it is the fastest way to get one because customer's orders will get fulfilled 4 months after the demo run. I don't know about any rule here in Canada that doesn't allow the dealer to sell their demos but I'll inquire some more.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
How many Ford stores are there?
Think Europe guys, they won't be building 30 demos, more like 200-250 for ALL Ford stores across Europe plus some for other countries too. It is a Global :RS: not a UK :RS:

I'm from Montreal, Canada and my dealer called me this morning to confirm that he just ordered a demo RS that he is going to sell to me as soon as it arrives. I put a 1 000$ deposit on the RS on the day the car got lunched in Germany in February and he knows I'm a serious buyer. He also said that not so many people inquired about the car and because I'm the only one who put down a deposit he is going to sell the demo car right off the trailer. He said he is going to get the car somewhere in February and besides this one he doesn't expect to sell too many here. He also said that it is the fastest way to get one because customer's orders will get fulfilled 4 months after the demo run. I don't know about any rule here in Canada that doesn't allow the dealer to sell their demos but I'll inquire some more.
I think you will find the rule will apply to ALL ford dealers.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
By UK law I think they have to keep them 90days (Unless it's now 180days) - usually they are sold but needing to click over the date before the new owner takes possession
3 months is the minimum they have to keep them on demo stock once Ford invoice them for the car. However there is nothing stopping Ford keeping ownership of the vehicle and not invoicing the Dealer. If they do that, the Dealer cannot sell it.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Your dealer is defo a 'Fraud' dealer if he does do that!! :facepalm: :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts