Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the US Focus RS forums....

"I just walked into Stevens ford (Long Island New York) today and decided to see what the deal with ordering was. Turns out I was able to build my RS. I got nitrous blue with power moonroof, forged wheels, as well as the RS2 package. I am going to have to pay 2500$ dealer markup but I don't think that's too bad. This dealer was on allocated 1 and I was just lucky enough to get it."

Seems some US dealers are only getting a single car allocated for 2016...and some asking for $10k+ over list!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the dealer markup like tipping, I hear that's big in the US, 20%?
Welcome to the RS waiting room Marc
Cheers Dan!

Even in the trade i couldnt get a penny discount on mine :( . But a markup from the dealer..thats a joke! Seems its the done thing in the US though for new/in demand models.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
So much for a global car...seems supply can't keep up with demand (temporarily at least) or is this a usual thing in the US?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here's the info on that. Dealer allocation is based on the number of ST's sold and the registrations in area of the competition, such cars as the Golf R, WRX Sti, and Evo. Some dealers get one car, others get more.

Where I live there are 10 Ford dealers in a 30 minute drive so that's a lot of RSs collectively for a relatively small area. Some of those dealers may get none. One dealer that's smaller than the dealer I ordered mine from is getting two.

The dealers don't seem well informed as all they can talk about for now is dealer allocations and not customer orders. What they have been good about is allowing a customer to order a car like they want it even though the car is actually a dealer car / allotment.

There are reports of dealers asking 5-10K over sticker and further reports that dealers have banned together to demand that price such that even if you went to the next dealer the price would be 5-10K above the sticker of that car.

I wish people would band together and refuse to do business with these dealers but there is always someone with more money than brains willing to pay it and able to afford to do so.

I did the math on my sale and the difference between dealer price and MSRP is just short of 3K. 3K is plenty of profit IMO and no reason to gouge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.