Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what sort of time scale do you have if you want to alter your spec before the cars actually due to be built? i just wondered because if some of the dealers do actually manage to get demo vehicles in then it would be an ideal time to look at a few colours in the flesh,or is it to late by then if your orders already processed?

·
Premium Member
23,887 Posts
When Ford gives your dealer a build date, he should pass that on to you, if say, you're in the 1st batch, you may not get a build date for a month or 2 yet, alternatively, people may get it tomorrow........ just a waiting game. :wink:

At the end of the day, anyone who has ordered will have plenty of time, i'd say the rest of this year at least, to be able to alter spec. :nice:

·
Registered
212 Posts
You have until it goes into segmentation to change your spec, something like 2 weeks before your build date iirc.
When Ford gives your dealer a build date, he should pass that on to you, if say, you're in the 1st batch, you may not get a build date for a month or 2 yet, alternatively, people may get it tomorrow........ just a waiting game. :wink:

At the end of the day, anyone who has ordered will have plenty of time, i'd say the rest of this year at least, to be able to alter spec. :nice:
I got a call from my dealer yesterday to double/triple confirm my spec, as he said when he pressed the button it absolutely could not be changed. Apparently Ford Requested it by 5pm yesterday.

I couldn't ask what it all means as I was in an important meeting, but still found myself listing Lux Pack, Recaro, Sync 2 etc to the bewilderment/annoyance of my Colleagues.

·
Premium Member
23,887 Posts
I got a call from my dealer yesterday to double/triple confirm my spec, as he said when he pressed the button it absolutely could not be changed. Apparently Ford Requested it by 5pm yesterday.

I couldn't ask what it all means as I was in an important meeting, but still found myself listing Lux Pack, Recaro, Sync 2 etc to the bewilderment/annoyance of my Colleagues.
Well unless it's changed since the mk2 or the whole process in general is different now, i cant see that being right, once it goes into segmentation, that's when it is locked into the system & cant be changed, i dont see how the mk3 can have gone into segmentation this early, or the dealer doesn't understand the system?

I could be wrong of course & happy to stand corrected. :yep:

·
Registered
212 Posts
@Rich You are with the same dealer (who doesn't work fridays), did you get the same call? he seems to know what he's doing, at least much more so than other dealers I have used in the past!

Well unless it's changed since the mk2 or the whole process in general is different now, i cant see that being right, once it goes into segmentation, that's when it is locked into the system & cant be changed, i dont see how the mk3 can have gone into segmentation this early, or the dealer doesn't understand the system?

I could be wrong of course & happy to stand corrected. :yep:

·
Registered
173 Posts
so i email my dealer on the 16th Oct asking when the cut of date to change my selection is, Nothing!

email them again on 21st Oct asking what would be the implications of changing my options selection, Nothing!

received an email this morning 24th saying your final deadline to change you selection is 23rd at 1700.

WELL THATS HELPFULL. cheers

they better get it sorted seeing as they still can't even tell us when we are likely to get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.