Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know this information will be in another post somewhere.

I keep seeing the cut of for dealers to place orders for the first batch as the 8th of October.

When I specced mine at the dealers last weekend they said they would hang on to all orders and put them all in on the 8th together.

My question is is the 8th the cut of date or do they need to do this before the 8th. I have seen other people on the forum saying they have been sent e mails from Ford / dealer to confirm the order.

I am sure they know what they are doing but I did not want them to miss out on this information.

Any help would be much apreciated

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had confirmation from Ford with regards the deposit and being on the list some time ago as I placed the deposit earlier in the year, this query was aimed at finalised orders when the specification had been confirmed

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I've been told that the 8th is when they'll send it all to Ford and your dealer should contact you before that date to confirm it all with yourself.

Don't think your missing out any information mate.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Anyone know how many will be built in the first batch?
I think I read or heard somewhere that it was 250 ??? (for the UK) but im not sure that was confirmed numbers. I think Ford are waiting to assess deliveries when they have all the pre-orders in on the 8th October.

I'm sure I also heard/read that there would be a maximum allowance for each Ford Store from the first batch... 5 vehicles IIRC. Again, this is not confirmed but have the info in my head from somewhere :whistle:

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
I assume that at this stage it will be orders only and they won't be building for stock after all they should be able to sell as many cars as they can make. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before orders slow down.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I also think that if they have sufficient orders they will run a second batch fairly quickly. After that I reckon the lead times will increase dramatically. Even though they can run a vehicle through the plant at any time technically, it seems that they wait for batches before doing so if the Focus ST wait times are anything to go by

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I assume that at this stage it will be orders only and they won't be building for stock for the dealers.
Doubt they will build stock for dealers on such a high ticket item until the very end of the production. They may well then send a few hundred through the plant before the tooling get changed for the MK4

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered mine last week and went in today and speced it but last week they told me I would be in second quarter so second batch

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I was a bit confused about this too. The dealer has taken ( or will be very shortly ) my deposit but cannot send the spec to Ford as the dealer computer software cannot see the Focus RS yet...... so whats the score ???

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Has anyone received details of their build number etc?

Or are people still just getting/waiting for confirmation of their reservations?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I think that the first batch will arrive in Q2 personally
I originally thought that, but if they have no problems, they start to build them in November this year. If that the case I would say early to mid Q1.

I think Ford have built in an extra lead time with the MK3 as previous generations have been late. That would explain the Q1 estimate, it means any time from Jan to March.

My spidey sense tell me the first lot will start to be delivered early Feb and its the same spidey sense that told me it was going to be under £29k :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Confirming your paid deposit ? ... or a slot in the build program ?
Both. Only the dealer has confirmed my deposit and order has been submitted. Paid an initial deposit in February and was second on the list of now at least 18...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts