Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
RS mk3, Mondeo est Titanium, Mk1 Fiesta Bravo, Skoda Fabia vRS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a bit of a positive negative this, but it's worrying me that I'm clearly not trying hard enough.
2 Sunday trips in the last 3 weeks out onto my favourite roads in N.Wales, yes, sticking to the speed limits because Heddlu are just waiting for us all now, SPECS cameras everywhere, and lines of 50 mph day trippers, and probably as a consequence of all this, I' got 37.8, and then 39.9 mpg on these two trips.
I'm almost disgusted with myself.

Premium Member
Shame on you, sir! 馃槻
Seriously though, with the MSD 420 map but in similar conditions, I saw 38.8mpg with an overall round trip figure of 37.7 So, it can be done!

JohnD

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame on you, sir! 馃槻
Seriously though, with the MSD 420 map but in similar conditions, I saw 38.8mpg with an overall round trip figure of 37.7 So, it can be done!

JohnD
Mine is bogo standard. I did give it a little bit of 'welly' when deemed suitable and appropriate btw. Lovely

Premium Member
Mine had been averaging around 27-28 mpg, but most of my commute is a short 8 miles each way mostly dual carriageway at 70mph. Started using Esso 99+ Synergy and a dose of Liqui Moly Octane Boost and I'm now getting around 30mpg to a tank. Tank range drops visibly less when I boot it too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this is my way of finding out more realistic figures...Drive it around town a bit more, and watch those figures tumble...fast. Stop start, stop start constantly is a fuel drinker

Premium Member
Even around town, it doesn't appear to drop much. I drive mine into London when we go to gigs and that seems like traffic lights every few yards and it has very little effect.

Premium Member
In like for like driving, after having the MSD420 map (datalogged) there has been an improvement in fuel economy. The car goes better off boost.so even when going 'quick' and in boost, I rarely need to see more than 1.2/1.3bar

JohnD

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In like for like driving, after having the MSD420 map (datalogged) there has been an improvement in fuel economy. The car goes better off boost.so even when going 'quick' and in boost, I rarely need to see more than 1.2/1.3bar

JohnD
Tell me more about this 'map' John. Who and where from? Cost? Meanwhile, I'm going to seriously try and get this mpg down to the 20's this weekend. Fedup with being accused of and being called 'Miss Daisy'. I merely don't want to lose my licence. :mad:

Premium Member
The 420 map requires supporting hardware so works out quite expensive in total. I already had the hardware as part of my previous tune.
Motorsport Developments offer a number of tune levels.

JohnD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts