Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my MOT done today. Failed due to cracks near the tyre wall! I had noticed it before but didn't think it was anything major, maybe just cosmetic.

They were budget tyres put on by the Ford dealer prior to me buying the car, but I would still expect them to be fit for purpose considering they are only half worn. At least it's an excuse to get some new Michelin's to match the rears.

Good example of why quality tyres are vital on these cars.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They definitely aren't that bad. It looked more superficial rather than structural or I would have replaced them. Think the guy was being harsh. He said it was due to the cracking being around the entire tyre and so close to the wall.

To be fair though if they are even slightly suspect I would rather replace them for piece of mind.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My budgets were cracking after 1 yr. I was shocked. Now have. Michelin PSS all round[/quote]

A year!!! jesus mines killing em after 5 month. Brand new Contis 5 month ago and there dead. Got advisary on mot yesterday.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't have thought so. I am very careful when it comes to checking my car and I did notice this a while back and it didn't cause me concern. I've never had it happen to tyres I've had on any of my cars.

Think I'll need to get it clarified why he's failed it. I've ordered new rubber now anyway but I might be giving this tester a swerve next time round!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The passenger side is 3513 but the worst of the two is the drivers side and the date code is not on it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah, thought that as well. The place it's meant to be has just a smooth area with no stamp. The other tyre is nearly as bad though and it's only 2 years old!

Should have insisted the dealership changed them prior to me buying the car. Lesson learned.

They are Primewell pz 900's by the way. Just to keep everyone informed. Beware the budget tyre!!😨

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.