Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Have this problem with my mk2 RS, following fault codes pop up after couple of days/around 200km of use.
Codes are following:

p0110-68
b1389-60

Have changed MAP sensor couple of times using bosch and now genuine ford one.
Traced wiring, no visible cracks in insulation (Any common place for wire failure?)
Removed ecu from its bracket and checked for corrosion in ecu connector
Cleaned all grounding points
Soldered instrument cluster
Tried with couple of MAFs

Running out of ideas what next. Any advice of similar problem solved appreciated.
Attached picture is the fault codes on right now, seems to have stretched ABS wires C1278 fault code. C1278 comes on only once in 2 months or so.

-T

Font Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Art

· Super Moderator
BMW 1M
12,677 Posts
A previous thread on the p0110 code similar to yours:

This thread may help with the C1278 code. Have you had a wheel alignment done recently?

How confident are you in the condition of your battery?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A previous thread on the p0110 code similar to yours:

This thread may help with the C1278 code. Have you had a wheel alignment done recently?

How confident are you in the condition of your battery?
Thanks alot! Been googling so much yet did not find any answers apart from those usual replace part :D
At that thread was mentioned Voltage at MAPT connector, is there guideline for that? Monitoring with Forscan during oil temp needle dropped it still shows IAT rising when parked and seems to be still registering positive pressure in inlet.

Yeah I did have alignment done at Ford 4 months ago. Although not experienced loss of power yet :D

I used battery tester not long ago that at least said battery is OK, hardly lost any coldstart A, around 2 years old tho. Alternator is OE Denso 6 months old. Car is used mainly for commuting to work 60km round trip daily, so might be enough to charge it completely.

And is there any way to get these to work says access denied

@pezzar

I've uploaded them to Google drive which should mean the links will continue to work, and won't time out.

Body Work Manual (40MB)

Google Drive: Sign-in

Wiring manual (41MB)

Workshop Manual (152MB)

👍

John

· Super Moderator
BMW 1M
12,677 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like the links to the various manuals have expired.

If someone doesn't host them again on a hosting website, you could always explore buying a copy on CD from one of the popular auction sites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts