Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here that the RS configurator would be launched on the UK website sometime this month. Could anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Just remember guys to spend a few days or a week, looking at all options in detail before you put your final order in, there's nothing worse than new threads coming up saying 'I rushed in when i ordered & wished i'd specced xxxxx on my car!' :facepalm: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just remember guys to spend a few days or a week, looking at all options in detail before you put your final order in, there's nothing worse than new threads coming up saying 'I rushed in when i ordered & wished i'd specced xxxxx on my car!' :facepalm: :laughing:
I'll spec it on day one, then again and again for at least a week.

When I did the spec on my ST there's a few things I wish I had so I'll be pondering a while on the spec for this car

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
No chance Gareth :lol:
The only thing would delay me , if Fw and Sb would not be present at the same time in Frankfurt.
Apart from that I'm all set, fully loaded :ddance:

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
No chance Gareth :lol:
The only thing would delay me , if Fw and Sb would not be present at the same time in Frankfurt.
Apart from that I'm all set, fully loaded :DDance:
Well in that case, if you're going fully loaded then there's no problem! :nice:

Unless, whilst the configurator shows something, go to the dealer to order & says, 'oh, the forged alloys (or whatever) are not coming up on the system!' :facepalm: or 'those are not available for 6 months!' :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :cry:

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Well in that case, if you're going fully loaded then there's no problem! :nice:

Unless, whilst the configurator shows something, go to the dealer to order & says, 'oh, the forged alloys (or whatever) are not coming up on the system!' :facepalm: or 'those are not available for 6 months!' :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :cry:
I surely hope not, as oem alloys are so bad imo and would have to be a straight swap with aftermarket , which Ive hoped would not be the case before body work mod I have planned later on :nope:

Luckily there is a slim chance of that happening with Ford , unlike with Audi, out could not spec bucket seats or carbon ceramic for 6month.

Except for actual car delay, which is common for Ford :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
I surely hope not, as oem alloys are so bad imo and would have to be a straight swap with aftermarket , which Ive hoped would not be the case before body work mod I have planned later on :nope:

Luckily there is a slim chance of that happening with Ford , unlike with Audi, out could not spec bucket seats or carbon ceramic for 6month.

Except for actual car delay, which is common for Ford :lol:
Well, we all know what delays / mistakes can be made with early cars! ;)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
As this is possibly the first Ford to have some Track orientated attributes from new with the Drift mode etc, would there be any chance of being able to buy 2 sets of wheels from new in the configurator? One for day, one for track?

Could certainly bring the cost down rather than buying another set either through the dealer or aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
As this is possibly the first Ford to have some Track orientated attributes from new with the Drift mode etc, would there be any chance of being able to buy 2 sets of wheels from new in the configurator? One for day, one for track?

Could certainly bring the cost down rather than buying another set either through the dealer or aftermarket.
I very much doubt it but worth asking at the point of ordering but i suspect you'd have to just order the extra set at full RRP.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I certainly will be :thumbsup:

Maybe I can get a deal on them rather than knocking money off the car itself.. :laughing:

(But I doubt it)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
On a previous Fiesta Zetec-s we ordered the 17" upgrade wheels. As I had bought so many cars off this dealership they threw the standard wheels in for free :yep: . This was only possible as the car had already been built and had the original wheels on. I was only charged for the factory upgrade wheel costs not the full dealer option price. They cost a lot more if you go down the dealer option price as opposed to the factory build price!

If there is any chance of having both sets of wheels, I will be getting them :wink:

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I wonder if an early decision on spec will alter your place in the queue ? If not I might drag out the process until the 18th September :)

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
I wonder if an early decision on spec will alter your place in the queue ? If not I might drag out the process until the 18th September :)
It'll make no difference when you spec / order (up until the 18th) the car to where in the queue you are & at the same time, your place in the queue wont determine when you receive the car! :yep:

The only plus of ordering on the 1st day the order books are open is the bragging rights of being the '1st to order'! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts