Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new coilovers fitted to my RS a few months ago and the stuff that came off was fairly corroded and ruined after only a few years on my car. Been looking into some kind of protection for the Bilsteins and found this-

Has anyone used this before with good results or have any other recommendations?

My car is garaged and not used that much anymore so I want to get under it, clean it up and get some protection on the threads etc of the B16鈥檚 so they don鈥檛 end up the same way as what came off 馃槃

Premium Member
I can't speak for that stuff but I think ACF-50 is pretty good, and there are other products out there which would also do the job - Bilt Hamber do some anti-corrosion liquids.

Premium Member
Edit: the Bilt Hamber stuff is good but not sure if it would be appropriate for your requirements - can't remember if it's transparent, I assume you don't want your suspension covered in a brownish gunk... ;)

Premium Member
BH Dynax UC is a clear(ish) spray wax that will go a little bit straw coloured if you spray it too thick. Several thin coats is best and it stays clear. It also dries a bit to a candle wax type consistency and less stuff stick to it.

I use ACF-50 on my bikes and it does seem to do a good job. I would use it on engines, etc and it is reasonably resistant to jet washing. Its a bit of a dust magnet unless you really rub the stuff in / wipe off.

I'd go BH.

Bit late for coilover socks?

Premium Member
Here is a pic of mu car with BH UC wax sprayed on. Bear in mind it was a brand new car. You can see the colour is not affected but the gloss painted running gear now appears satin due to the wax

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, I鈥檒l have a look at those BH suggestions and hopefully get something so I can sort it next weekend.

I鈥檇 never really been a fan of the coilover socks, kind of think it could end up trapping moisture/dirt or knowing my luck getting stuck in the suspension/wheel and putting the car on its roof 馃槀.

A spray on wax type sounds pretty easy to use, someone had suggested silicone spray but I want to try and keep them
Clean looking without covering them in **** and trapping moisture again 馃槃

Premium Member
silicon spray, ACF, etc will gather dust to some extent. ACF wont trap moisture - it penetrates and displaces

worth a watch

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silicon spray, ACF, etc will gather dust to some extent. ACF wont trap moisture - it penetrates and displaces

worth a watch
Thats been really interesting, completely forgot about looking on YouTube 馃う馃徏鈥嶁檪锔

1 - 8 of 8 Posts