Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any opinions /experience on the different types of clutches available for when and if the inevitable happens?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've not driven the different clutch offerings, but i've felt the peddle feel of a few

Helix 6 Paddle - Horrifically heavy
Xtreme Carbon Clutch (Organic) - AS Time Attack RS - Feels really good. Not quite the OEM feeling that people say, but far far nicer than Helix six paddle
JAM-Sport's Helix Twin Plate - Probably in between the two heavy wise

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've got a paddle clutch on mine and its heavy, had a paddle clutch on my last car as well so I'm used to it.
I'd say if your car is a daily driver I wouldn't get a paddle getting stuck in traffic makes your knee hurt 😕

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have driven a few with aftermarket clutches and didn't like the feel of any of them really. All too heavy or harsh for the town/traffic driving that I do.

In the end, I couldn't decide, and I heard a few horror stories, so I saved my cash and I had another standard clutch and flywheel fitted - Cheap as chips, nice feel to it, and I should get another 3-4 years out of it if I treat it right.

I don't go on track etc. but I know now that it was the right decision for me. :nice:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts