Focus RS Forum banner

Clunking noise from front (arrrrrrgh)

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Stevie 
#1 ·
Guys Ive have this clunk at low speed when going over bums or turning up on to my drive.it feels like its behind my feet when it happens. I have replaced top mounts, bottom ball joints and lower wishbone bushes. Still no joy. Anyone had this problem. Your help would be most appreciated

If its anti roll bar links could this transfer along the roll bar and be felt behind the pedal

Or possibly subframe???

CheeRS

#27 ·
Mine has an annoying knocking now and then
I put this down to our appalling roads

Recently the car was in at Collins Performance and the lad took it for a test drive after fitting a new ABS sensor

I mentioned the knocking especially noticeable over a series of bumps in short succession

Sure enough the lad agreed (sorry forgotten his name and it wasn't Gary but the young lad)
He pointed out the probable cause is the shocker but no sign of leaking

To be fair the suspension is nearing 10 year old and horrendous roads I'm not surprised they are wearing

He checked the bushes and all are fine so on mine it's looking like new bilsteiens next year
Along with a new exhaust
Intercooler
Wheels
Tyres
And whatever creeps up on the old girl which is no doubt inevitable

#29 ·
Bit of a thread revival but has anyone come up with a solution, I have a rattle and it's not noticeable all the time only on certain road surfaces, it doesn't feel like a main support rattle, it's like a back ground rattle, you cant feel it in the suspension or steering, it's an odd one for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.